6 of 9 Button blanket robe designs by Clarissa Rizal on greeting cards
The greeting cards above will be some of the items available for sale at the Alaska-Juneau Public Market held Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend in Juneau, Alaska.
I invite you to visit my Booth #P-15 right across the isle from Tony Tengs “Chilkat Cones” in the main hall of Centennial Hall. And please note: I will be sharing the booth with Tlingit carving artist & silversmith, Israel and Sue Shotridge (www.shotridgestudios.com).
The following is an inventory of items for sale; they include (but are not limited to):
A limited supply of Chilkat weaving and spinning supplies: Cedar bark without the sap (both whole and split), Chilkat warp, Chilkat weft yarns in golden yellow, turquoise, black and cream, spinning pads, etc.
Books for sale that I wrote, made or co-illustrated include: “Chilkat Pattern Templates”, the “Chilkat Weavers’ Handbook”; Juneauite author Hannah Lindoff children’s book “Mary’s Wild Winter Feast” — and books that I highly recommend: “The Intenders” by Tony Burroughs and “Go Pro – Becoming A Network Marketing Professional” by Eric Worre.
Miscellaneous items include: hand-caste paper feathers, limited edition Giclee prints, hand-sewn, beaded, felt Russian Sailor hats, and gumboot shell earrings made by daughter Lily and sister Dee Lampe.
Come check out my latest 5-piece Chilkat woven ensemble called “Chilkat Child” which will be on display next to my daughter Lily’s 4-piece Ravenstail woven ensemble “Little Watchman.”
We’ll see you in a couple of weeks during the weekend of Thanksgiving at the Public Market in Juneau (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)!
And of course, you don’t remember that stuff anymore….. Worry not! The library can help you! Even at midnight? Yes! Go to the library’s webpage (http://www.juneau.org/library) and find the Homework Center under the research tab. From there you will be able to access the Live Homework Help, with live tutors from 12:00 pm (noon) to […]
Here’s my Winter Schedule for upcoming Art Markets, presentations, classes and demonstrations. If you are in any of these locations, come by and visit; I’d love to see you!
1) One-day Chilkat/Ravenstail Weaving Class, Juneau, Alaska, Sunday November 23rd, 10am-4pm with potluck lunch — this class is for experienced weavers who have a project on their loom and need assistance, comraderie, support and a feast! Class is limited to just 10. The Northwest Coast Weavers’ Supply will have weaving/spinning items available for sale BEFORE the Public Market sales; so you will have the privilege to be the first to purchase your supplies for your next weaving project — Interested? Give me a call at 970-903-8386 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Alaska-Juneau Public Market, Thanksgiving weekend Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, November 28-30th, Booth #P-15 in the main room of Centennial Hall on Willoughby Avenue in Juneau, Alaska – Click here to see the list of some of the items I will have available for sale
3) Portland Art Museum, Portland, Oregon Presentation of “The Making of Resilience Chilkat Robe”, Friday, December 5th; I will also have Chilkat-related items available for sale AND I will have two woven ensembles on display only during this presentation
4) Evergreen Longhouse, Olympia, WA, — The Holiday Market is open Friday and Saturday, December 12 & 13; I will only be selling on Saturday! — Click here to see a list of some of the items I will have for sale.
5) “Raven’s Nest” Gallery (owned by Sue and Israel Shotridge), Vashon Island, WA — I will be demonstrating Chilkat weaving on a child-size robe; I will also have on display two child-size woven ensembles, “Little Watchman” a 4-piece Ravenstail outfit woven by my daughter Lily Hope, and my 6-pience ensemble “Chilkat Child.” I will also have items for sale as well; click list here to see list of some items.
6) Chilkat Weaving Class, Corvallis, OR – December 15-19th; for experienced weavers with a project on their loom. — This class is currently full.
7) Heard Museum Juried Indian Art Market & Fair, Phoenix, AZ – March 7-9, 2015
Clarissa prints limited edition Giclee’s on her large format, ink jet Epson 7880; this is the first time she has enjoyed printing in the 5 years she has owned this machine! (Grand-daughter Amelie points to the photo of “Resilience” Chilkat robe)
Shrink wrapping Clarissa’s limited edition Giclee prints, to be marketed during this Winter season 2014-15
This past week has been a bit nutty — While printing limited editions of some of my work, I’ve been cutting out and sewing spinning pads, splitting bark, spinning warp, designing a log for the Northwest Coast Weavers’ Supply, making travel arrangements, etc. etc. including but not limited to, the joy of holding a newborn granddaughter and of course time out with her older sister, Amelie!
Many, many braids in weaving “Resilience” Chilkat robe by Clarissa Rizal – 2014
HEADS UP! For those of you living in the Portland, Oregon area: I will be doing a public presentation on Chilkat weaving and a Power Point Presentation of weaving my latest Chilkat robe “Resilience” at the Portland Art Museum on Friday evening, December 5, 2014 at 5:30pm. Guitarist extraordinaire Dan Shanks, will be performing the live soundtrack. — If you are in the area, come on by! Two woven Child-size ensembles, one in Ravenstail and the other in Chilkat, be on display only during this presentation. Also, I will have a few things available for sale: my Chilkat Weaving Handbook, greeting cards, Chilkat prints, etc. See you soon!
What about your library’s website? The Juneau Public Libraries’ website is a point of access to Mango Languages, an interactive and fun program for language learning; and free for Alaskans! Moreover, Mango languages doesn’t only give you access to the most popular languages, like Spanish or French. It includes up to 64 languages, and you […]
Volunteers and librarians read and discuss new books for young readers. Andrew Draws Written and illustrated by David McPhail I liked when the animals jumped right out of the pictures. I didn’t like the long hair on the boy. I would recommend this to others. I would like to tell the author that I like […]
Washed Chilkat warp is pulled tight and set out to dry
Here’s a trick-of-the-trade to create smoother, more even Chilkat or Ravenstail warp with no give: after you wash your warp, pull tight as you wrap the warp around the back of a chair — let dry thoroughly, then groom.
Why do you want a smother, move even warp with no give? When you are weaving your weft yarns over this warp, you will notice a less bumpy, more evenly-laid fabric.
Periodically I post various tricks-of-the-trade in regards to spinning, weaving, designing or anything else I may think of to post here on my blog for all you wonderful artists/craftspeople out there in the world!–for more tricks, check out “Tools-of-the-Trade in the column to the right…
¿Sabìa usted que las bibliotecas municipales tienen libros en español tanto para niños como para adultos? Si nunca los ha encontrado acèrquese al mostrador y pregunte a los bliotecarios, ellos estaràn encantados de ayudarle a encontrar libros en español tanto para usted como para sus niños.
Reviews of a variety of new books for young readers. Being Sloane Jacobs written by Lauren Morrill This “Prince and the Pauper” story is fairly predictable in terms of resolution, but still, the journey to that resolution is thoroughly enjoyable. Two young women named Sloane Jacobs—one the daughter of a senator, the other the daughter […]
The Juneau School District has concluded our investigation into allegations that on or about May 30-31 of this year a group of incoming senior boys hazed/initiated a group of incoming freshmen boys by paddling them multiple times.
These events were first brought to our attention in early June. At that time the district began an initial investigation, which, due to an active police investigation and summer vacation, was put on hold. When we were informed that the police had concluded their investigation we resumed our efforts.
Slideshow | Harlem AmbassadorsSlideshow | Age Group Swim ChampionshipSlideshow | Blain HatchSlideshow | Governors Open HouseGallery Walk photos with SantaEaglecrest Open 2014Slideshow | JAMMSlideshow | Glory Hole Damage