Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association has announced the winners of the 2012 Pacific Northwest Book Awards. A committee of independent booksellers selected these six books from nearly 300 nominated titles written by Northwest authors and published in 2011.
2012 Award Winners:
• “The Sisters Brothers” by Patrick deWitt of Portland, Ore.
• “Feathers: The Evolution of a Natural Miracle” by Thor Hanson of Friday Harbor, Wash.
•“Habibi” by Craig Thompson of Portland, Ore.
• “The Chronology of Water” by Lidia Yuknavitch of Portland, Ore.
• “West of Here” by Jonathan Evison of Bainbridge Island, Wash.
• “Shards” by Ismet Prcic of Portland, Ore.
PNBA is a non-profit trade association that supports independent bookselling, literacy and free speech in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. For more information, visit www.pnba.org.