The Fairbanks Drama Association and The Looking Glass Group Theatre has invited Alaskan residents to send their best 10-minute plays to be considered for the 11th Annual 8X10 Festival of New Alaskan Plays.
This event is open to Alaska residents only.
Eight 10-minute plays will be given rehearsed staged readings at the festival, scheduled to be held April 13 and 14 at FDA’s Riverfront Theater in Fairbanks.
Here are some guidelines for entering scripts:
• One entry per playwright. One author per play. No musicals or children’s plays.
• Submit five copies of each script. Staple or paper clip the play. Do not use binders or folders of any kind. Plays cannot be returned.
• Put playwright’s name and contact info, including phone and e-mail, on the cover page. This is the only place the author’s name should appear.
• “Cast of Characters” page with brief character descriptions and time and place descriptions should follow the cover page. Number pages beginning with the first page of dialogue.
• Plays should be between 8 and 12 minutes, based on one minute of playing time per page of script, 12 point font size, and be written in standard playwriting format.
• Cast size should be no more than eight actors.
• No electronic submissions or express mail.
Submissions must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2012 and sent or hand-delivered to: 8X10 Festival, Fairbanks Drama Association/ Looking Glass Group Theatre, 1852 Second Avenue