National Poetry Month is a month-long, national celebration of poetry established by the Academy of American Poets.
Here are some of their suggestions for how to celebrate.
• Celebrate “Poem in Your Pocket Day” April 26
• Read a book of poetry
• Memorize a poem
• Revisit a poem
• Put poetry in an unexpected place
• Bring a poem to your place of worship
• Attend a poetry reading
• Read a poem at an open mic
• Support literary organizations
• Listen (or read) on your commute
• Subscribe to a literary magazine
• Start a notebook on Poets.org
• Put a poem in a letter
• Put a poem on the pavement
• Recite a poem to family and friends
• Organize a poetry reading
• Promote public support for poetry
• Start a poetry reading group
• Buy a book of poems for your library
• Sign up for a poetry class or workshop
This information was printed with permission from Academy of American Poets and Poets.org.