Nominations are now open for the 2012-2014 Alaska State Writer Laureate. Eligibility is open to Alaskan writers from all genres who, throughout their careers, have demonstrated:
• literary excellence and mastery in style, form, and genre;
• exemplary professionalism and exceptional talent in published works;
• service to Alaskan communities and a commitment to the advancement of the Literary Arts in Alaskan communities;
• a history of providing public presentations or teaching;
• a significant body of published work in Alaska.
Deadline for nominations is Aug. 31.
The next State Writer Laureate will be announced at the Governor’s Awards for the Arts and Humanities to be held at the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage on Oct. 18. The Alaska State Council on the Arts will review the nominations and select the State Writer Laureate.
Nomination forms are available on the council’s website at: www.eed.state.ak.us/aksca. For more information, contact the Alaska State Council on the Arts at (888) 278-7424 or (907) 269-6610.