During Monday night’s Assembly Committee of the Whole meeting, each agenda item was addressed, but not without some debate.
Barbara Sheinberg, owner of Sheinberg Associates, and Jim Calvin, owner of McDowell Group, presented an update on the Economic Development Plan, highlighting seven priorities. The priorities, some quite broad, included:
• Preserving the capital economy.
• Breaking down housing barriers.
• Building the senior economy
• Regaining federal government employment opportunities
• Preparing for the next generation workforce