This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:20 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an assault in the 10800 block of Black Bear Road; investigation continues.
• At 6:59 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a reported disturbance in the 200 block of Franklin Street and arrested Heather Warden, 45, on three counts of assault; she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on $2,500 bail.
• At 11:09 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of child abuse in the Juneau area.
• On Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers contacted Prudencio Camba, 56 of Juneau, as he was returning from crabbing at Echo Cove. Camba reportedly had retained a Dungeness crab under the legal size limit of 6.5 inches. He was issued a $130 citation and the crab was returned to the water unharmed.
• At 1 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 1:12 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report by a 58-year-old man in the Juneau area that he had been assaulted by a 31-year-old man.
• At 11:34 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the Juneau area and arrested a 35-year-old man for criminal trespass domestic violence; he was taken to LCCC.
• At 1:29 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested a 47-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault and took him to LCCC.
• At 5 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 1:56 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested John Gallagher, 41, in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive for driving under the influence; he was taken to LCCC and held without bail.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 14 EMS calls and five medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 2:40 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to an active fire alarm on Bentwood Place, but found no smoke or fire. At 8:58 p.m., they were dispatched for smoke in the area on Gold Street, but nothing was located.
• At 5:30 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue; Deryk Lepoidevin, 33, was remanded for violating probation and also was charged with fourth-degree theft.
• At 2:19 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report in the 5100 block of Glacier Highway that a kicker motor valued at $750 had been stolen from a boat in the parking lot; investigation continues.
• At 8:26 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a theft from a residence in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive; investigation continues.
• At 11:37 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report by a 33-year-old man in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue regarding the theft of a cellphone.
• At 4:09 p.m. Sunday, JPD received a report of the theft of gas from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Creek Street; investigation continues.
• At 2:09 p.m. Friday, CCFR was dispatched to the Mount Roberts trail for a hiker who had an injured ankle. He was located approximately a quarter-mile from Basin Road. He was assessed and put into a stretcher, then taken down the trail using a rope belay to control the descent. A crew of 12 CCFR personnel took the patient down to the parking lot and he decide to seek medical help on his own.
• At 6:30 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism to a payphone in the 100 block of Seward Street; investigation continues.
• At 3:21 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of criminal trespass and criminal mischief in the 2000 block of Lemon Creek Road.
• At 11:01 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism in the 100 block of Franklin Street.