This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:26 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Monica Lee Field, 34, in the 3600 block of Amalga Street for allegedly possessing methamphetamine; she was issued a summons and released.
• At 10:03 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of drug activity in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Saturday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to eight EMS calls in the area throughout the day. At 12:49 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a burn complaint on Duran Street and found the property owner was abiding by a valid burn permit. At 9:02 p.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle fire on Egan Drive; they found smoke coming from the vehicle and helped cool down the engine compartment. At 11 p.m., they were dispatched to a fire on Amalga Street and found an attended warming fire.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to 16 EMS calls and two medical transports. At 7:51 a.m., firefighters responded to an active fire alarm on Cinema Drive that was due to a malfunctioning air handling unit. At 9:37 a.m., they were dispatched to an active fire alarm on Douglas Highway that was due to a malfunctioning boiler.
• On Monday, CCFR responded to 11 EMS calls and two medical transports. At 8:16 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to smoke in the area on Amalga Street and found a small attended warming fire.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:11 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 500 block of Franklin Street and cited Dennis Wahto, 89, for action of an operator immediately following an accident. No injuries were reported.
• At 12:15 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway and cited Willard Troy Morrison, 54, for larceny and violating conditions of release. At 9:55 p.m., JPD cited Morrison again for shoplifting.
• At 4:45 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of a laptop from the airport.
• At 7:36 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of a theft in the 5300 block of Shaune Drive; investigation continues.
• At 7:25 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report from a 49-year-old man in the 18400 block of Tee Way regarding vandalism on his property.
• At 8:34 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism in the 1800 block of Glacier Highway.