This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 6:30 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a reported assault in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 3:24 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested Lorraine Paul, 42, for assault in the 100 block of Marine Way.
• At 11:05 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a reported burglary in the 9300 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:18 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a disturbance in the Juneau area and arrested a 42-year-old woman for assault; she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 4:18 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• On Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to five EMS calls in the area throughout the day. At 2:35 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to the smell of burning tires on Northwood Drive; no sign of smoke or fire was found. At 8:01 p.m., they responded to the smell of fuel on Fifth Street; no hazards were located. At 9:03 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to an active fire alarm on South Franklin Street, but found no sign of smoke or fire.
Hit and run
• At 12:26 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a hit and run collision in the 4600 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 9:43 p.m. Thursday, JPD reported that they had received a call from a lost hiker in the area of Mount Roberts. Bandar Alneami, 30, of California, was hiking in the area at the top of Mount Roberts when he got lost in the fog. In Alneami’s attempt to find his way down the mountain he got stuck in an area near a waterfall and he was unable to find a safe way to continue down the mountain, so he called for help on his cellphone. A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter along with two members from Juneau Mountain Rescue responded to the GPS location provided by Alneami and they were able to air lift him from his location and transport him safely to the Juneau airport. Alneami was then transported by ambulance to the Bartlett Regional Hospital, where he was treated for mild hypothermia.
• At 2:43 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a sex crime in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 2:34 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 5100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 3:47 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report by a woman in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive regarding the theft of some documents.
• At 10:12 a.m. Friday, JPD cited Jeffrey Carpenter, 56, for criminal trespass in the 3400 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9:24 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism to an exterior entry door with an estimated $750 in damage in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 11:36 a.m. Friday. JPD responded to a report of damage to a vehicle in the 50 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 11:24 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report from a 56-year-old woman in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive regarding the theft of a stereo from a vehicle.