This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 5 a.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential death investigation in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 6:24 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of domestic violence in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 10:56 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Albert Watson, 30, for driving under the influence on Eyelet Court. Watson was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 1:33 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested David Bell, 52, for driving under the influence in the 11500 block of Glacier Highway. Bell was taken to LCCC.
• At 8:16 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Elizabeth Niemi, 73, for driving while intoxicated in the 8100 block of Egan Drive.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:15 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a vehicle that slid down an embankment and damaged a set of stairs in the 1400 block of First Street.
• At 2:58 p.m. Friday, JPD impounded a vehicle for safekeeping due to the vehicle being in a dangerous position in the 2500 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 6:04 p.m. Friday, JPD assisted in the response to a motor vehicle crash in the 6500 block of Egan Drive.
• At 6:49 p.m. Saturday, JPD assisted in the response to a minor motor vehicle crash in the 1400 block of Harbor Way.
• At 5:26 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a single-vehicle collision in the 8100 block of Egan Drive. There were no injuries reported.
• At 1:37 p.m., JPD cited and released Steven Lythgoe, 44, for larceny in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 2:31 p.m. Saturday, JPD cited and released John Langreder, 24, for larceny in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:32 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of shoplifting in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. Investigation continues.
• At 10:42 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a woman, 24, reporting the theft of her purse in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 4:57 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of a woman, 30, reporting the theft of her trash can in the 1000 block of Coogan Drive.
• At 9:10 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of a man, 41, reporting that the lot at Southeast Earth Movers was “hit” on Saturday night, in the 10000 block of Bentwood Place.
• At 5:09 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a male for trespassing for returning to a business in the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard after being served a criminal trespass letter. Charges are being forwarded.
• At 4:09 p.m. Saturday, JPD cited and released Eric Rivera, 23, for trespassing in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9:49 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a man reporting vandalism to the rear and rear window of a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 7:43 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of a vehicle rifling in the 8300 block of Old Dairy Road. Investigation continues.