This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:41 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3400 block of Foster Avenue to investigate the report of a domestic disturbance.
• At 9:45 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the report of a sexual assault in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 8:03 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 26-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault and domestic violence criminal mischief. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 9:24 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 800 block of Glacier Avenue to investigate the report of a hit and run in the downtown area. Investigation continues.
• At 12:03 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested George Strom, 34, in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive for a probation violation. Strom was taken to LCCC.
• At 8:59 a.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of a sexual assault.
• At 6:21 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of theft and false information. Investigation continues.
• At 3:04 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1400 block of Glacier Avenue to investigate the reported theft of a bicycle.
• At 4:46 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8600 block of Hayes Way to investigate the report of a theft. Investigation continues.
• At 3:47 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted an investigation into the recovery of a stolen shotgun on Cinema Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 6:26 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 3200 block of Hospital Drive to investigate the report of theft from Bartlett Regional Hospital. Investigation continues.
• At 3:59 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 2000 block of Jordan Avenue to investigate the report of criminal trespass at a business. Investigation continues.
• At 3:44 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 600 block of Main Street to investigate the report of vehicle rifling. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 3:17 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Christopher Moran, 33, on Ferry Way on an outstanding Alaska State Troopers warrant. He was taken to LCCC.
• On Thursday, April 5, the Alaska Office of Special Prosecutions charged Juneau resident Jeffery Katasse, 63, for six counts each of unlawful sale of subsistence herring roe on branches and general prohibited conduct. The charges are the result of an Alaska Wildlife Troopers investigation in April 2017, which showed that Katasse had traveled to Sitka to harvest herring roe and then sold boxes of the roe on hemlock branches to at least six different people in communities outside Sitka.