This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:27 p.m. Thursday, Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an assault in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 5:09 p.m. Thursday, JPD opened an investigation into the report of an assault in the 100 block of Fourth Street.
• At 7:01 p.m. Thursday, JPD opened an investigation into a fight in the 200 block of South Franklin Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:19 a.m. Thursday, JPD opened a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse in the Juneau area.
• At 3:14 p.m. Thursday, JPD found a 68-year-old female deceased in the 1800 block of Shell Simons Drive. Foul play is not suspected at this time.
• At 1:36 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested a Juneau woman for domestic violence criminal mischief after she allegedly smashed a vehicle’s windshield, damaged its windshield wipers and ripped the rearview mirror off.
• At 11:20 a.m. Friday, JPD opened a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 7:22 a.m. Friday, JPD opened an investigation into fuel siphoning from state-owned vehicles in the 200 block of Main Street. The crime was recorded on surveillance camera.
• At 8:38 a.m. Friday, JPD opened an investigation into a reported theft of auto accessories in the 9000 block of Long Run Drive.
• At 7:26 p.m. Thursday, a 34-year-old male reported his bicycle was stolen in the 1400 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 7:52 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of shoplifting from a business in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road, where a $44.50 t-shirt was allegedly stolen.
• At 2:42 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Oscar Snell, 46, for criminal trespassing. Snell was taken to and held at Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:24 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a broken window in the 3900 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.