This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 1:18 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 100 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report of a stabbing. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 10:15 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted an investigation into the report of a protective order violation in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 10:25 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Mark Brown, 52, in the 300 block of Gold Street for violating his conditions of release. Officers additionally cited him for driving without a valid license and failing to carry and show proof of insurance. Brown was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 3:14 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 20-year-old man for domestic violence criminal mischief and criminal trespass. The man was out on Pretrial supervision and was taken to LCCC and held without bail.
• At 10:07 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 28-year-old man for assault domestic violence in the Juneau area. The man was taken to LCCC and held without bail.
• At 10:24 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a sexual assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 3:06 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Brandon Alexander, 35, for driving under the influence in the Juneau area. The vehicle he was driving was previously reported as stolen, and it was returned to its owner instead of being impounded. Alexander was taken to LCCC.
• At 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of fraud in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 8:42 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to 300 block of Gastineau Avenue to investigate the report of a motor vehicle crash. There were no injuries were reported, and JPD is currently conducting an investigation into vandalism related to the incident.
Search and rescue
• At about 4:06 p.m. Wednesday, JPD notified Alaska State Troopers of two lost hikers on Mount Juneau. The hikers were identified as two girls, 16 and 17, of Juneau. Juneau Mountain Rescue personnel responded and brought the hikers down safely. The hikers did not require medical attention.
• At 11:29 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 8100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of the theft of several pairs of shoes, a backpack and clothing at Fred Meyer. The subject fled on foot from the store.
• At 11:30 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive to investigate the report of a man, who reported several gas tanks had been stolen off his skiff in his driveway.
• At 11:41 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 15100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of vandalism.
• At 5:15 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9000 block of Miner Court to investigate the report of vehicle rifling and theft of tools estimated to be worth $800. Investigation continues.
• On Wednesday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Juneau Post, cited Steven J. Opat, 33, of Fairbanks for failing to possess a locking tag before taking a brown bear in GMU-4. Opat is scheduled to be arraigned May 24 in the Juneau District Court.