Pepper spray set off in store

JUNEAU — Juneau authorities say six people were exposed to pepper spray inside a local thrift store.

KINY reports that a pepper spray container was on the floor Saturday at the St. Vincent de Paul store and someone stepped on it, activating the spray.

Authorities say six people were affected, including three who wanted to be treated for their injuries.

They were treated at Bartlett Regional Hospital and released.

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

 

More

Tue, 10/17/2017 - 15:02

Dryer causes small fire at Douglas apartment building

A propane-operated dryer started a fire at the Cordova Heights apartment building on Monday night, causing little damage and no injuries.

Read more