• Broken clouds
  • 43°
    Broken clouds
  • Comment

Tax extension forms available online

Posted: April 14, 2011 - 5:35pm

Those unable to complete and file federal individual tax returns by April 18 may request an extension to file until Oct. 17.

To get an extension, taxpayers must file Form 4868 with the Internal Revenue Service through www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html or www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=201897,00.html. A paper version is also available for download from the IRS website.

When requesting an extension, taxpayers need to estimate their tax liabilities and pay any balances due by the April 18 deadline. The IRS stresses an extension to file is not an extension of time to pay. All outstanding balances are due on April 18.

The IRS expects to receive approximately 10 million extension requests in 2011, which is about the same as last year.

  • Comment


Please Note: You may have disabled JavaScript and/or CSS. Although this news content will be accessible, certain functionality is unavailable.

Skip to News

« back

next »

  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377938/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377933/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377928/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377923/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377918/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377913/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377908/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377903/
East vs West


  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback