Officers from NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement will hold public outreach meetings in several Southeast Alaska communities next month to discuss 2011 charter halibut fishing regulations and answer questions. The meeting in Juneau will be from 2-4 p.m. May 19 at the Mendenhall Valley Library inside Mendenhall Mall, 9105 Mendenhall Mall Road. NOAA Fisheries Enforcement will respond to questions from the public regarding charter, commercial, subsistence and recreational halibut fishing regulations, collection of marine mammal hard parts and marine mammal viewing regulations. Copies of the 2011 International Pacific Halibut Commission regulations will be available at the meetings.
Other meetings in Southeast will be as follows:
• Yakutat, 5-7 p.m. May 3, Yakutat High School Auditorium.
• Hoonah, 12:30-2:30 p.m. May 12, Hoonah City Hall.
• Elfin Cove, 12:30-2:30 p.m. May 16, community meeting room above the post office.
• Pelican, 4:30-6:30 p.m. May 16, City Hall meeting room.
• Gustavus, 4:30-6:30 p.m. May 17, Gustavus Library.
• Haines, 5:30-7:30 p.m., May 23, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Haines Municipal Chambers.
• Skagway, 5:30-7:30 p.m. May 25, Skagway Municipal Chambers