• Overcast, light rain
  • 45°
    Overcast, light rain
  • Comment

CCFR battles post-barbecue blaze

Posted: May 16, 2011 - 4:50pm

A batch of not-entirely extinguished charcoal briquettes caused Capital City Fire and Rescue to respond to a residential structure fire Saturday morning, according to a release from CCFR.

CCFR responded to the 1100 block of Timberline Court after receiving a report of a residential structure fire. Upon arriving, firefighters saw light smoke from the second-floor deck of a two-story duplex, the release states. Juneau Police Department Officer Jarrett Mahoney arrived before CCFR, and began battling the fire with a garden hose. CCFR eventually extinguished the fire, then remained at the duplex to ensure the fire had not spread.

Unextinguished charcoal placed in a plastic bucket caused the fire, the release states. CCFR took one of the duplex’s residents to Bartlett Regional Hospital for treatment of minor smoke inhalation. The fire caused an estimated $8,000 in damage.

  • Comment

Spotted

Please Note: You may have disabled JavaScript and/or CSS. Although this news content will be accessible, certain functionality is unavailable.

Skip to News

« back

next »

  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377443/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377438/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377428/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377423/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377418/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377413/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377408/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377403/
JDHS Graduation 2013

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING