The lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits and size limits for the northern Southeast area set by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game are as follows:
• The seasons run now through June 30 and again from Aug. 16 to Nov. 30.
• Bag limits for residents are one daily and two in possession. There are no size limits.
• Nonresident limits are one daily and one in possession. Size limits are 30 inches or greater in length and less than 35 inches in length, or 55 inches or greater in length with an annual limit of two fish, one of which is 30 to 35 inches in length, one of which is 55 inches or greater in length.
• Nonresident anglers shall immediately record all lingcod harvested either on the back of their sport fishing license or on a nontransferable harvest record. Records must be done in ink.
• Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are also outlined on page 10 in the Southeast Alaska 2011 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2011 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at all local ADF&G Sport Fish Division offices and at most sport fishing license vendors.