CCFR puts out small fire in apartment

Capital City Fire and Rescue extinguished a small residential fire Friday morning in an apartment in the 100 block of Gastineau Avenue.

CCFR arrived at about 7:50 a.m. and found a small fire and smoke in an apartment. An investigation revealed the tenant cooked his breakfast, but left the apartment without turning off the stove. Grease in a frying pan ignited, and fire traveled up the wall behind the stove.

There were no injuries, and the damage is estimated at $1,000.

More

Sun, 03/26/2017 - 07:37

NOAA to test tsunami warning system for Alaska this week

The annual test of the Tsunami Warning System is of great importance to Warning Coordination Meteorologist Joel Curtis at the National Weather Service. Read more

Sun, 03/26/2017 - 06:37

AWARE advocacy training

Ending sexual assault and domestic violence in Alaska takes a village, according to Juneau’s Aiding Women in Abuse and Rape Emergencies, and sometimes playing your... Read more

Sun, 03/26/2017 - 06:33

Officer spots stolen vehicle in line of cars while conducting traffic control for fire

A Juneau Police Department officer who took a report on a stolen vehicle Thursday spotted it later the same day — in a line of... Read more

Sun, 03/26/2017 - 06:27

Man arrested on assault, weapons charges after standoff

Juneau Police Department officers arrested a man on assault and weapons charges after a standoff Friday night reportedly precipitated by a domestic dispute.

Read more

Around the Web

 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING