• The Assembly Human Resources Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in the Assembly Chambers.
• The Assembly will meet at 7 p.m. in Assembly Chambers and will consider a petition initiative for a $.15 tax on plastic bags received at some stores, putting on the ballot an extension of the temporary 3 percent sales tax for five years, and other items of business.
• Filing for Assembly and Juneau School District board seats takes place every day this week through Aug. 15 at City Hall. Filing applications can be picked up and dropped off at the City Clerk’s office from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
• The Juneau Affordable Housing Commission will meet at 5:15 p.m. in the JEDC Conference Room, 612 Willoughby Ave.
• The Youth Activity Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall Conference Room 224.
• The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. in Assembly Chambers and will consider a permit for five mini-storage buildings and renewal of the 10 year Stablers Point Rock Quarry extraction permit.
• The Juneau Economic Development Council Board will meet at noon in the JEDC Conference Room, 612 Willoughby Ave.
• The Juneau School District Facilities Committee will meet at noon in the Goldbelt Building, DEED TLS Room (2nd floor).
• The City and Borough of Juneau will host a Community Development Block Grant informational meeting at 5 p.m. in Assembly Chambers.
• The Aquatics Facilities Advisory Board will meet at 5 p.m. in City Hall Conference Room 224.
• The Douglas Advisory Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Douglas Library.
• The Airport Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the airport’s Alaska Room. The airport manager will give a report on the FAA shutdown, construction updates and other information.
• The Hospital Planning Committee will meet at 7 a.m. in the Board Room in the BRH Administration Building.