This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:03 a.m. Wednesday, investigation began in the death of a 30-year-old man. The death was not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified.
• At 4 p.m. Tuesday, Bernard E. Schwieterman, 56, was arrested for resisting and interfering with an officer. He was also arrested for disorderly conduct. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 5:11 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old man was served with a 20-day domestic violence protective order.
• At 8:37 p.m. Tuesday, Juneau Police Department officers responded to a report of a domestic altercation.
• At 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, investigation continued in the report of a domestic violence assault.
• At 10:41 p.m. Tuesday, a 23-year-old man was arrested for a city domestic violence assault.
• At 3:42 a.m. Wednesday, a 31-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault.
Fire and medical
• At 2:25 a.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Wood Duck Avenue to Bartlett Regional Hospital for treatment of internal bleeding.
• At 7:06 a.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Franklin Street Dock to BRH for treatment of a pulmonary embolism.
• At 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, a woman was taken from Franklin Street to BRH for treatment of abdominal pain.
• At 11:03 a.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Salmon Creek Lane to BRH for treatment of facial swelling.
• At 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Jacobsen Drive to BRH for treatment of a stroke.
• At 2:15 p.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm at Anka Street. Investigation determined no fire. Alarm had been set off by maintenance.
• At 2:19 p.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Glacier Highway to BRH for treatment of chest pain.
• At 2:28 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Nowell Avenue. Investigation revealed no fire. The alarm was set off by the soldering of pipes.
• At 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was taken from Glacier Highway to BRH for treatment of a seizure.
• At 2:56 p.m. Wednesday, a man died during CPR on Airport Boulevard. The scene was transferred to JPD.
• At 3:23 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR investigated a good intent call. Investigation did not locate smoke or fire.
• At 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a structure fire on Long Run Drive. A mobile home with no occupants was fully involved. The fire was extinguished and the area secured.
• At 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from Juneau International Airport to BRH via medevac for treatment of upper quadrant pain.
• At 4:54 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was taken from Old Dairy Road to BRH for treatment of chest pain.
• At 5:25 p.m. Wednesday, a man was taken from BRH to JIA for medevac treatment of a stroke.
• At 7:26 p.m. Wednesday, an intoxicated man was taken from Franklin Street to BRH.
• At 7:47 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was taken from BRH to JIA for medevac treatment of chest pain.
Motor vehicle crash
• A vehicle driven by a 58-year-old man struck a vehicle driven by a 58-year-old woman on Glacier Highway. The Chevy suffered an estimated $2,000 in damage.
No biodegradable escape mechanism
• On Sunday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers issued Juneau resident Frederick Michaelson, 58, two citations for operating personal use Dungeness crab pots that failed to have a legal biodegradable escape mechanism.
• At 7:35 p.m. Tuesday, 20-year-old man was served with a summons on a traffic stop on Yandukin Drive.
• At 2:50 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old woman reported a bicycle, estimated to be worth $5, was stolen from her residence in the 9000 block of Long Run Drive.
• At 5:10 p.m. Tuesday, a Suzuki outboard motor, valued at an estimated $3,500, was reported stolen from a skiff sometime since Saturday in the 2300 block of Fritz Cove Road.
• At 11:36 p.m. Tuesday, a 17-year-old girl reported the theft of gasoline from a vehicle in the 8400 block of Valley Boulevard.
• At 6:07 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of a broken window to a business in the 1100 block of Glacier Avenue.