This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 4:04 p.m. Tuesday, Ruby Ellen Rimer, 69, was arrested for driving while intoxicated on Glacier Highway.
Fire and medical
• At 12:26 a.m. Wednesday, a woman on Third Street was taken with advanced lifesaving care to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 6:34 a.m. Wednesday, a man on Glacier Highway received EMS treatment and was taken to BRH.
• At 6:39 a.m. Wednesday, a man on Whittier Street was taken with advanced lifesaving care to BRH.
• At 9:52 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue assisted a man from a second-story apartment on Renninger Street to his vehicle to attend a medical appointment.
• At 10:42 a.m. Wednesday, a man on Glacier Highway was taken to BRH.
• At 12:43 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a report on a chimney or flue fire confined to the chimney or flue on Steelhead Street. Resident said he extinguished flue fire, and CCFR checked outside flue and inside wood stove. Owner indicated he would re-clean flue.
• At 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a citizen complaint of smoke in an area. The location was not provided in CCFR’s Daily Incident Report. Investigation found no open burn or wood stove smoke.
• At 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR assisted a man from his vehicle to his apartment on Renninger Street.
• At 9:13 a.m. Wednesday, Angela Dawn Clement, 35, was arrested in the 3700 block of Portage Boulevard on an outstanding warrant issued for failure to report to jail. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 8:44 p.m. Tuesday, a 58-year-old man reported $3,000 cash, medication and safes with personal belongings inside were stolen from his residence in the 4400 block of Wood Duck Avenue.
• At 4:33 p.m. Tuesday, charges were forwarded for possible prosecution for running a school bus stop sign on Glacier Highway. A verbal warning was issued.
• At 8:10 p.m. Tuesday, a 42-year-old man reported a 25-year-old man was trespassing at a hotel in the 400 block of Third Street.
• At 8:42 p.m. Tuesday, a 42-year-old man reported a 50-year-old man was trespassing at the Bergman Hotel in the 400 block of Third Street.
• At 1:37 a.m. Wednesday, Eleanor Morgan, 43, was arrested for criminal trespass in the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue. She was taken to LCCC.
• At 10:36 a.m. Wednesday, a 34-year-old man reported vandalism to a light fixture in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.