This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 11:25 p.m. Wednesday, Juneau Police Department assisted another agency.
• At 9:18 p.m. Thursday, JPD assisted another agency.
• At 8:56 a.m. Friday, JPD assisted Adult Probations with a remand in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 8:31 a.m. Thursday, a 70-year-old woman reported a burglary in the 1700 block of Douglas Highway. There is an estimated $500 in damages to a broken window, and nothing was taken.
• At 2:34 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated the report of a burglary in the 8800 block of Sasha Avenue.
• At 3:32 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 10:51 p.m. Thursday, Manuel Anthony Aguilar, 24, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 2400 block of Douglas Highway after he was involved in a single vehicle, unoccupied hit and run motor vehicle crash in the 2400 block of Douglas Highway. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Driving without a valid license
• At 1:01 a.m. Thursday, Jonathan Frawley, 45, was cited and released for driving without a valid license on Haloff Way, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 6:32 p.m. Thursday, Kenneth Lamar Taylor, 30, was cited for driving without a valid license after the vehicle he was driving was involved in a single vehicle motor vehicle crash in the 32000 block of Glacier Highway. The vehicle was impounded.
• At 11:57 a.m. Friday, an 18-year-old woman was cited for driving without a valid license in the 7100 block of Egan Drive. The vehicle was impounded.
• At 12:35 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of domestic violence assault.
• At 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, a domestic violence protective was served on a 47-year-old man.
• At 5:49 p.m. Wednesday, a 20-day ex parte domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 41-year-old man.
• At 5:28 p.m. Wednesday, JPD made an arrest relating to drug activity in the 5800 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, the Alaska Bureau of Investigation’s Southeast Alaska Cities against Drugs (SEACAD) task force, with the assistance of the JPD’s Drug Enforcement Unit, the FBI and the U.S. Coast Guard Investigative Service, arrested Roberto Carranza, 23, of Juneau, to conclude an investigation involving the sale of cocaine.Carranza is charged with three charges of third degree misconduct involving a controlled substance and violation of conditions of release. Carranza was remanded to Lemon Creek Correctional Center without bail pending arraignment Saturday at 1 p.m.
• At 11:43 p.m. Wednesday, JPD is currently looking for Harry William Hewson, 36, who left Gastineau Human Services. Escape charges are pending.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 11:45 a.m. Thursday, a 2003 Ford Eclipse driven by a 48-year-old woman was struck by a 1997 Ford 4D driven by a 19-year-old man in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard. The man was cited for basic speed.
• At 12:14 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash on Vanderbilt Hill Road.
• At 12:16 p.m. Thursday, a 2001 Ford truck driven by a 60-year-old man slid off the roadway and struck a fence in the 8100 block of Egan Drive. The man was taken to BRH, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
• At 12:25 p.m. Thursday, a 35-year-old male pedestrian was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital after he was struck by a vehicle in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
Operating a motor vehicle with the wrong license plates
• At 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Alaska State Troopers charged Matthew R. Meserve, 29, with one count of operating a motor vehicle with the wrong license plates He was also given a citation for failing to carry auto insurance.
• At 4:17 p.m. Thursday, JPD served a summons on a 35-year-old woman in the 4500 block of Chelsea Court.
• At 4:55 p.m. Thursday, a stalking protective order was served on a 38-year-old man.
• At 1:03 p.m. Wednesday, a 23-year-old woman reported a T-shirt stolen from the mail in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive.
• At 3:33 p.m. Wednesday, a 24-year-old woman reported her tires stolen from her vehicle in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 7:12 p.m. Wednesday, a 34-year-old woman reported her vehicle was rifled and a purse was stolen in the 9000 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 9:05 a.m. Thursday, a 37-year-old woman reported her purse, shoulder bag and back pack were stolen from her unlocked vehicle in the Juneau area.
• At 9:15 a.m. Thursday, a 27-year-old woman reported her phone stolen in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 1:29 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of theft of gasoline in the 5100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:42 p.m. Thursday, a 14-year-old girl reported her cell phone stolen in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 7:23 p.m. Thursday, a 67-year-old woman reported her Vicodin was stolen out of her back pack in the 100 block of Egan Drive.
• At 9:04 p.m. Thursday, Timieka Angela Sullen, 19, was arrested and released for larceny in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 8:25 p.m. Thursday, a 49-year-old man reported a 33-year-old man failed to return a rented U-Haul truck to the Juneau area. The vehicle was later recovered.
• At 8:55 a.m. Friday, a 62-year-old man reported the theft of a flat screen TV from his boat in the 1400 block of Harbor Way.
• At 6:13 p.m. Wednesday, a 1997 Dodge CVN was impounded as a traffic Hazard on Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 1:15 a.m. Thursday, a green 1999 Subaru Legacy was impounded for safekeeping on Glacier Highway.
• At 8:22 a.m. Friday, a 1992 Ford was impounded on Belardi Avenue.
• At 1:53 a.m. Friday, an 81-year-old woman reported vandalism at the ferry terminal in the 13400 block of Glacier Highway.
Violating conditions of release
• At 4:46 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of a 28-year-old woman violating her conditions of release for a liquor violation in Sealaska Plaza.
Fire and medical
• At 4:12 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire and Rescue conducted a smoke or odor investigation on Teal Street and found no fire.
• At 9:29 a.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a minor on Riverside Drive, and patient and parent refused transport.
• At 9:39 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was provided to a man on Evergreen Avenue, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:42 a.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a minor on Glacier Avenue, and the minor was taken to BRH.
• At 11:45 a.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a woman involved in a non-injury accident on Glacier Highway, and she refused transport.
• At 12:06 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm sounded by dust or lack or maintenance on Trout Street and found no fire.
• At 12:14 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was provided to three patients involved in a vehicle accident with injuries on Egan Drive, and they were taken to BRH.
• At 12:16 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was provided to a man involved in a vehicle accident on Egan Drive, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 12:25 p.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a man involved in a vehicle-pedestrian accident on West Willoughby at Gold Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:37 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm malfunction and found no fire on Fourth Street.
• At 5:15 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support was provided to a man on Willoughby Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 5:24 p.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a woman on Teal Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 5:52 p.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 6:30 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm sounded by burnt food and found no fire.
• At 6:32 p.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a man involved in a non-injury vehicle accident at Mile 32, and he declined transport.
• At 7 p.m. Thursday, EMS care was provided to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.