This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s note: A report from Capital City Fire and Rescue was not available at press time.
• At 3:53 a.m. Wednesday, a 33-year-old woman reported she was assaulted in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 1:32 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted Adult Probations with a remand of a 21-year-old man in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 12:31 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of harassment in the Juneau area.
Misuse of plates/tags
• At 10:02 a.m. Wednesday, Juneau’s Alaska State Troopers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle on Mendenhall Loop Road near Valley Boulevard for a moving violation. An investigation revealed the driver, a 17-year-old boy from Juneau, was operating the vehicle while displaying a license plate that did not belong to the vehicle. Several registration tags were also found on the license plate that were not registered to the same vehicle. Charges are being filed with the district attorney’s office.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 5:46 p.m. Tuesday, a 22-year-old woman was cited for driving without a license and insurance on Glacier Highway. A 17-year-old boy was cited for failure to yield.
• At 4:55 p.m. Tuesday, a notice of hearing for a domestic violence protective order was served on a 55-year-old woman.
• At 12:55 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated multiple vehicle and mailbox riflings in the 2600 block of David Street.
• At 12:33 p.m. Tuesday, a 26-year-old woman reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled and her wallet stolen in the 8400 block of Valley Boulevard.
• At 4:33 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a reported theft in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 7:46 p.m. Tuesday, Daisy Laguidao, 22, was arrested and released for concealment of merchandise in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:27 p.m. Tuesday, a 44-year-old woman reported a pre-lit Christmas tree, worth an estimated $85, was stolen from her yard in the 2300 block of Radcliffe Road.
• At 2:46 p.m. Tuesday, a 51-year-old man reported his apartment was vandalized in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive.
• At 7:37 p.m. Tuesday, a 30-year-old man reported the back window of someone else’s vehicle’s camper shell was broken out in the 2900 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 8:12 a.m. Wednesday, a 32-year-old man reported his vehicle was vandalized in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, causing an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Editor's note: This report has been changed to correct the types of citations given to the two parties involved in the motor vehicle crash.