This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:46 p.m. Tuesday, a domestic violence protective order needed to be served on a 48-year-old man in the Juneau area.
• At 12:39 a.m. Wednesday, a 50-year-old woman was arrested for criminal mischief domestic violence, and she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Driving without a license
• At 11:19 p.m. Tuesday, Alma Rodriguez-Ramiro, 31, was cited for driving without a license in the 1100 block of Calhoun Avenue, and her vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 12:46 a.m. Wednesday, EMS care was provided to a man on Trout Street, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, outgoing medevac took a minor patient from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 6 a.m. Wednesday, EMS care was provided to a woman on Aspen Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 10:24 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a chimney or flue fire that was confined to the chimney or flue on Horizon Drive. Investigation determined build up of creosote in chimney or flue, and the resident was instructed to clean the chimney.
• At 12:24 p.m. Wednesday, outgoing medevac took a man from BRH to JIA.
• At 2:46 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was provided to a patient on Willoughby Avenue, and the patient was taken to BRH.
• At 3:11 p.m. Wednesday, EMS care was provided to a woman on Postal Way, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:58 p.m. Wednesday, EMS care was provided to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:13 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a two-vehicle motor vehicle crash on Riverside Drive. The first vehicle driven by a 37-year-old man was totalled. The second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old girl sustained about $10,000 in damage. Salvador Julio Franco Jr., 37, was cited and released for driving without a license, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 2:36 p.m. Tuesday, Joseph Lee Thornton, 23, was arrested in Kake on an outstanding warrant issued for failure to appear. He was also arrested on an outstanding warrant issued for violating conditions of release.
• At 12:50 p.m. Tuesday, a 59-year-old man reported 16 gallons of gas was siphoned from his vehicle in the 17800 block of Point Lena Loop Road.
• At 12:58 p.m. Tuesday, a 32-year-old woman reported eight gallons of gas siphoned from her vehicle in the 2400 block of Engineers Cutoff Road.
• At 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, an 81-year-old woman reported a necklace, key and wallet were stolen in the 4600 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 10:07 a.m. Wednesday, Howard Braman, 45, was arrested and released for the theft of merchandise in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12:25 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of vandalism to a trash can in the 3300 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 8:10 a.m. Wednesday, a 48-year-old woman reported her vehicle’s tires were vandalized in the 5900 block of Montgomery Street.