This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Commercial fish closed waters
• On Monday, Leslie J. Nelson, 63 of Bellingham, Wash., pleaded guilty to one count of commercial fishing in closed waters. He was fined $3,000 with $1,500 suspended and was ordered to pay $500 in restitution to the state. Nelson was originally charged in August of 2011 when he was observed operating his commercial gillnet in closed waters near the Snettisham hatchery.
• At 11:22 p.m. Sunday, Anne Marie Delaplain, 22, was cited and released for disorderly conduct and harassment in the 5900 block of Montgomery Street.
Domestic violence assault
• At 2:05 p.m. Sunday, a 19-year-old woman reported being assaulted by a 20-year-old man.
• At 6:29 p.m. Sunday, a 36-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Domestic violence protective order
• At 11:39 a.m. Monday, a domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 20-year-old man in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• At 9:13 a.m. Monday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm system malfunction on Jordan Avenue, and investigation found no fire. Building responsible was advised to have system inspected by a certified alarm professional.
• At 10:42 a.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a report of a confined fire caused by a fuel burner and/or boiler malfunction on Seward Street, and investigation found no fire on scene. Building responsible was advised to have boiler system inspected by a professional.
• At 11:21 a.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Ninth Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:08 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm system malfunction on Commercial Boulevard. Building responsible was advised to have system inspected by a certified alarm professional.
• At 12:14 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a vehicle accident without injuries on Glacier Highway. EMS care was given to a woman, no injuries were found, and the woman declined transport. The scene was turned over to Juneau Police Department.
• At 5:30 p.m. Monday, CCFR provided medical assistance to a woman on Hospital Drive. She was taken from BRH to a private residence.
• At 5:44 p.m. Monday, EMS care was given to a man on Willoughby Avenue, and he was transported by Juneau Rainforest Recovery.
• At 8:50 p.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Savikko Road, and he was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 11:59 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a three-vehicle motor vehicle crash in the 8800 block of Egan Drive. The first vehicle was a 2007 GMC pickup driven by a 21-year-old man. The second vehicle was a 2004 Subaru driven by a 20-year-old man. The third vehicle was a 1995 Subaru station wagon driven by a 41-year-old woman. The driver of the first vehicle was cited for careless driving.
Search and rescue
• At 8:36 p.m. Saturday, Juneau Alaska State Troopers received a report of an overdue hiker on the Peterson Lake trail. A friend reported the overdue hiker was a resident of Douglas and took two dogs with her to hike to the Peterson Lake Cabin on Friday to spend the night and return on Saturday. Another friend had already started hiking up the trail in search of the hiker. SEADOGS was contacted, and two teams left the trailhead at 11 p.m. and immediately encountered the overdue hiker and her friend. The hiker had been walking 13 hours straight and was tired but required no medical treatment.
• At 9:01 p.m. Sunday, Natalia Lynn Charles, 29, was arrested in the 100 block of Franklin Street on an outstanding $100 JPD warrant on original charges of larceny, and she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 3:13 a.m. Monday, Irene Sasha Cadiente, 23, was arrested in the 100 block of Main Street on a $5,000 Juneau Alaska State Troopers warrant for failure to appear on original charge of misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth-degree. She was taken to LCCC.
Stalking protective order
• At 10:31 a.m. Monday, a stalking protective order was served on a 64-year-old man in the Juneau area.
• At 4:53 p.m. Sunday, a 45-year-old woman reported the theft of credit cards from her purse in the 3500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 5:56 p.m. Sunday, a backpack and its contents were stolen from Eaglecrest in the 3000 block of Fish Creek Road.
• At 8:59 p.m. Sunday, a 54-year-old man reported his wallet stolen in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 2:15 p.m. Sunday, a 40-year-old woman reported $100 cash stolen from an ATM in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 8:29 p.m. Monday, a 35-year-old man reported the theft of home heating fuel valued at an estimated $160 in the 1000 block of Ski Street.
• At 3 p.m. Sunday, a 47-year-old woman reported vandalism to a Volkswagen van on Forest Lane, and damage is estimated to be at $1,000.