This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 6:13 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department reported a vehicle on Radcliffe Road was impounded on Dec. 23 after it was abandoned.
• At 9:56 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of assault in the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road.
• At 1:02 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of assault. No location was given.
• At 7:52 a.m. Wednesday, a 52-year-old man reported his storage facility in the 5400 block of Jenkins Drive was burglarized.
• At 9:41 a.m. Wednesday, a 62-year-old man reported a storage unit was broken into in the 5200 block of Shaune Drive. The amount of damage or items taken is unknown.
• At 12:59 a.m. Wednesday, a 25-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence criminal mischief and domestic violence assault, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Driving without a valid
• At 1:47 p.m. Tuesday, Kristopher Len Hepler Nelson, 24, was cited for driving without a license on Willoughby Avenue, and his vehicle was impounded.
False Statement on a
Resident Sport Fish License
• At 3:12 p.m. Thursday, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Katie R. Mckenzie, 30, a citation for making a false statement as to a material fact on a 2011 resident sport fish license. Mckenzie is suspected of illegally obtaining the resident license when she did not meet Alaska resident status requirements.
Fire and medical
• At 12:59 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue units were dispatched to Glacier Highway and cancelled en route.
• At 1:02 a.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Point Stephens Road, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4:33 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a vehicle accident with injuries on Mendenhall Loop Road, and basic life support care was given to a woman, who was taken to BRH.
• At 6:25 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Shell Simmons Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:31 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to Douglas Highway to determine carbon monoxide levels, and a gas detector was used to confirm safe levels, and readings were normal. The home owner was advised to install multiple carbon monoxide levels in the home, which had a history of CO poisoning.
• At 10:13 a.m. Wednesday, a woman was medevaced from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 10:27 a.m. Wednesday, a woman was medevaced from BRH to JIA.
• At 11:05 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR investigated a chimney or flue fire on Glacierwood Court, and found no fire extension outside the chimney or flue.
• At 11:37 a.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was provided to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 1 p.m. Wednesday, EMS care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:13 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Glacier Highway, and found there was no fire and that the alarm was sounded due to soldering debris.
• At 8 p.m. Wednesday, EMS care was provided to a woman on Easy Street, and she declined transport.
• At 9:53 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Gastineau Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:28 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Front Street, and found no fire and that the alarm was sounded due to lack of maintenance.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:13 p.m. Tuesday, a vehicle operated by an 85-year-old man slid off the road on North Douglas Highway, and rolled onto its side. The driver and passenger were taken to BRH for injuries and the vehicle was impounded for safekeeping.
• At 4:33 a.m. Wednesday, a vehicle driven by a 39-year-old woman was damaged after she lost control and struck a light pole on Mendenhall Loop Road. She was taken to BRH for minor injuries.
• At 8:28 a.m. Wednesday, a summons was served on a 21-year-old man in the 1600 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 9:46 a.m. Wednesday, a summons was served on a woman in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 4:32 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a reported theft in the 5900 block of Churchill Way.
• At 9:04 a.m. Wednesday, a 19-year-old man reported his vehicle was rifled through and his pistol was taken in the 5400 block of Glacier Highway.