This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:34 p.m. Monday, Daniel Louis Brito, 20, was arrested in the 700 block of Willoughby Avenue for assault, criminal mischief, criminal trespass, resisting arrest, interfering with police officer duties and disorderly conduct. Brito was additionally cited for minor consuming. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Driving without a valid license
• At 8:26 a.m. Monday, a 17-year-old boy was cited for driving without a valid license on Tongass Boulevard, and his vehicle was impounded.
False statement/ Failure to return king crab permit
• On Sunday, William D. Archer, 32, of Juneau, was cited for falsely obtaining a 2010 resident sport fish license when he had not resided in Alaska for 12 months. Total fine amount was $310.
• On Wednesday, Steven W. Sanders, 50, was given two citations for making a false statement on his 2010 resident sport fish license and one for failing to return his 2011 personal use winter king crab permit. Total fine amount was $520.
Fire and medical
• At 12:59 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Montgomery Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 3:11 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:34 a.m. Tuesday, outgoing medevac took a person from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 9:01 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Behrends Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 11:21 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm on Mendenhall Loop Road, and investigation found no fire.
• At 12:05 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 1:47 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm/sprinkler activation on Clinton Drive, and investigation found no fire and that the alarm was activated by a broken sprinkler head.
• At 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:43 p.m. Monday, a 33-year-old woman reported her wallet stolen in the 300 block of Whittier Street.
• At 3:55 p.m. Monday, a 20-year-old woman reported her vehicle was entered sometime during the last night and an iHome and dance shoes were stolen in the 17400 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:30 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated the report of Vicodin stolen on Jan. 15 in the 4400 block of Kanata Street.
• At 6:19 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of two tires on a vehicle were slashed sometime in the last couple of days in the 400 block of St. Ann’s Avenue.
• At 6:16 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway, and while on scene, JPD arrested a 15-year-old girl on a warrant issued for failure to appear for a compliance hearing on original charge of minor consuming. Investigation continues into report of the shoplifting.