This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, Juneau Police Department investigated a report of a 59-year-old woman being assaulted in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 6:47 a.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted a citizen with a civil standby in the 8300 block of Aspen Avenue.
Driving without a license
• At 10:25 p.m. Tuesday, a 2000 Ford was impounded on Village Street after the 17-year-old driver was cited for driving without a license.
Fire and medical
• At 10:35 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm on Hospital Drive, and investigation determined no fire and that the alarm was sounded due to a burnt tea kettle on a stove.
• At 1:08 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Second Street, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 3:29 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Poplar Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:57 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Franklin Street, and investigation determined there was no fire and that the alarm was sounded due to thawing frozen pipes.
• At 4:22 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a service call, and investigated an odor on Fourth Street. Investigation found the odor stemmed from latex paint.
• At 5:03 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to fire alarm on Egan Drive, and investigation found no fire and that the alarm was sounded due to malfunction.
• At 6:02 p.m. Wednesday, EMS care was given to a man on Egan Drive, and he refused transport.
• At 6:25 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Mall, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 6:58 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a vehicle accident with injuries on Back Loop Bridge. A man was extricated from his vehicle and taken to BRH, and a second man refused care and transport.
• At 10:16 p.m. Wednesday, outgoing medevac took a man from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 5:03 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the fraudulent use of a debit card in the Juneau area.
• At 3:07 p.m. Tuesday, George Martin Jr, 46, turned himself in on an outstanding Juneau Alaska State Troopers warrant charging attempted sexual assault in the first degree, assault in the third and fourth degree and burglary in the first degree. Bail was set at $50,000. Martin was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, a 38-year-old woman reported her purse had been stolen on Jan. 14, and it was recovered. A camera and a SIM card were still missing from the purse.
• At 9:32 p.m. Tuesday, a 31-year-old man reported his Moleskine notebook was stolen in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue. The notebook contained credit cards and $25 cash.
• At 7:40 a.m. Wednesday, a 50-year-old man reported theft of fuel from a vehicle in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12 p.m. Tuesday, a 63-year-old man reported vandalism to a number of storage units in the 5400 block of Shaune Drive.
• At 9:02 p.m. Tuesday, a group of teenage boys spray painted graffiti on the Adair-Kennedy concession stand sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 13 in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. Investigation continues.
• At 7:54 a.m. Wednesday, a teenage boy attempted to remove the security camera in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road at 2 p.m. Jan. 1. Investigation continues.
• At 10:03 a.m. Wednesday, a 47-year-old man reported vandalism to a building in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.