This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Sonya Madelene Simmons, 50, was arrested on the 100 block of Franklin Street at 8:57 p.m. Friday on a $250 Ketchikan AST warrant for DUI and petition to revoke probation, a $5,000 Ketchikan AST warrant for failure to appear for hearing original charge criminal trespass II, and a $5,000 Ketchikan AST warrant for failure to appear for hearing original charge driving while license cancelled, suspended revoked. Simmons was transported and lodged at LCCC.
• Juneau police arrested a 25 year old man for a probation remand following a traffic stop on the 3300 block of Egan Way at 3:05 a.m. He was transported to LCCC. No name was released. Police say alcohol was a factor.
Attempt to serve
• Police served a summons on a 26-year-old woman on the 1600 block of Renninger.
Attempt to serve/arrest
• Angelo Bruce Kim, 51, was arrested on 100 block of Front Street on a no-bail North Slope Borough Department of Public Safety warrant for probation violation on an original charge of controlled substance 4. Kim was transported to and lodged at LCCC.
Driving while intoxicated
• William Kelly Hunt, 46, was arrested Friday at 12:19 p.m. for driving while intoxicated. Hunt was transported to and lodged at Lemon Creek Correctional Center. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• Erick Christopher Plummer, 37, was arrested on Nancy Street at 11:02 p.m. for driving while intoxicated and misconduct involving a controlled substance 6th degree. Plummer was transported to and lodged at LCCC. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• Colton James Baker, 21, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest at 3:52 a.m. on Harbor Way. He was transported to and lodged at LCCC. Police say alcohol was a factor.
• A 25-year-old woman was arrested for driving while intoxicated and domestic violence assault at 4:35 a.m. in the Juneau area. She was transported to and lodged at LCCC.
• A confidential investigation into drug activity was started at 9:40 a.m. Saturday in the Juneau area.
• A child-size tri-colored (grey, yellow, and dark blue) jacket was found in the area of Second Street and Seward and placed into safekeeping.
Motor vehicle crash
• A 52-year-old female reported at 4:36p.m. Friday that her vehicle was struck while parked on the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• Police arrested a 15-year-old male for shoplifting on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway and transported him to Johnson Youth Center at Friday at 12:21 p.m.
• A 27-year-old female reported the theft of a Samsung Galaxy S cellphone valued at $579 on the 200 block of Front Street at 5:31 p.m. Friday
• Investigation into the death of a 70-year-old man began at 2:05 a.m. Saturday. The death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified. Police say alcohol was a factor.
• John Anthony Nance Garner, 19, was cited/released for minor consuming on the 3400 block of Douglas Highway at 12:28 a.m. Saturday.