This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 3:46 p.m. Tuesday, Juneau Police Department investigated a report of a violation of probation conditions in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:27 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a death in the 8900 block of Atlin Drive. The death is not considered suspicious and next to kin has been notified.
• At 9:22 a.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a death in the 2100 block of Lawson Creek Road.
• At 2:38 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of disorderly conduct.
• At 7:54 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to an altercation between a man and woman, and a verbal warning was issued.
Domestic violence protective order
• At 9:39 a.m. Wednesday, a domestic violence protective order was served on a 36-year-old man.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 5:33 a.m. Wednesday, Aaron Willie McCluskey, 27, was arrested for driving while intoxicated on Whittier Avenue, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and his vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 9:40 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a sprinkler activation on Franklin Street, and investigation found no fire —the alarm was activated due to broken water pipe.
• At 9:41 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Willoughby Avenue, and investigation found no fire — the alarm was activated due to fluctuation in water pressure.
• At 11 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to attempted burning/illegal action on Riverside Drive, and investigation found multiple illegal fires. JPD and Fire Marshall completing investigation.
• At 12:11 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Northwood Drive, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 2:23 p.m. Tuesday, outgoing medevac took a man from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 2:29 p.m. Tuesday, EMS care was given to a man on Atlin Drive, and scene was transferred to JPD.
• At 3:51 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Franklin Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a vehicle accident with injuries on Glacier Highway, and basic life support care was given to a woman, who was taken to BRH.
• At 5:42 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR conducted a smoke or odor investigation on Franklin Street, and no smoke source was located.
• At 7:26 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Kanat-A Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:24 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Willoughby Street, and investigation found no fire.
• At 10:14 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a report of arcing, shorted electrical equipment on Shell Simmons Drive, and investigation found a rotating beacon on the FAA tower shorted out. Airport maintenance will repair the beacon, and flight service was notified by building security of beacon repairs.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash on Glacier Highway. The first vehicle was a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta driven by a 21-year-old woman, and she was cited for careless driving. The second vehicle was a 2006 Dodge Durango driven by a 69-year-old man, and the third vehicle was a 2013 Dodge Dakota driven by a 21-year-old woman.
• At 10:44 a.m. Wednesday, a 70-year-old man reported his vehicle was struck while parked, causing an estimated $600 in damage, in the Juneau area.
• At 10:12 p.m. Tuesday, a summons was served on a 23-year-old woman in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive.
• At 8:34 a.m. Wednesday, a summons was served on a 32-year-old man in the 8500 block of Airport Boulevard.
• At 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old man reported the theft of a cell phone from his residence in the 2800 block of Postal Way.
• At 12:31 p.m. Tuesday, a 32-year-old woman reported a theft of medication in the 3600 block of Amalga Street.
• At 12:51 p.m. Tuesday, a 39-year-old man reported the theft of an item valued at $149 in the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard.
• At 3:59 p.m. Tuesday, John Edward Peters, 24, was remanded for probation violations in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Additionally, Peters was charged on suspicion of concealment of merchandise, and he was taken to LCCC.
• At 7:34 p.m. Tuesday, Colleen Ethel Nease, 55, was cited and released for concealment of merchandise in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 7:53 p.m. Tuesday, a 25-year-old woman reported her purse and its contents stolen in the 4000 block of Delta Drive.