This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic disturbance.
Driving in violation of instructional permit
• At 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Sueatuinuumamao Tugaga, 18, was cited by Juneau Alaska State Troopers for driving in violation of instructional permit by not having a licensed driver with her while operating a vehicle. She was issued a summons, and vehicle was released to alicensed driver.
• At 5:10 p.m. Tuesday, Robert Vidic, 53, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 11800 block of Glacier Highway after he was involved in a single vehicle motor vehicle crash. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:11 a.m. Wednesday, Alex James Thompson, 25, was arrested for driving while intoxicated on Riverside Drive, and his vehicle was impounded. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
False statement on sport fish license
• On Wednesday, Juneau Alaska State Troopers cited Elizabeth G. Guyon, 51, for making a false statement on a 2011 resident sport fish license she obtained when she did not meet Alaska’s residency requirements.
Fire and medical
• At 12:21 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support was given to a man on Glacier Avenue, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 7:34 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support was given to a man on Salmon Creek Lane, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:14 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an alarm on Valley Boulevard, and investigation found it was unintentional, and alarm sounded when resident opened the wood stove to add firewood.
• At 11:29 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Hospital Drive, and investigation found alarm sounded due to burnt food.
• At 12:25 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support was given to a minor patient on Glacier Avenue, and the minor was taken to BRH.
• At 2:24 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support was given to a man on Glacier Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:13 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:33 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Mendenhall Loop Road, and man was taken by Rainforest Recovery Center units.
• At 9:13 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support was given to a woman on Willoughby Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 10:08 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a service call on Park Place and inspected carbon monoxide levels in a residence. Investigation found levels within normal range, and detector was not working correctly.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:31 p.m. Tuesday, a bus operated by a 57-year-old man was involved in a minor accident with a parked vehicle in the 900 block of Third Street. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $100.
• At 1:44 p.m. Tuesday, a 76-year-old woman was cited for failure to yield when turning left in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 5:36 p.m. Tuesday, a parked vehicle was struck by another vehicle on Airport Boulevard.
• At 5:49 a.m. Tuesday, Ryan Eugene Vrell, 24, was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 9100 block of Cinema Drive for failure to appear. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 7:58 p.m. Tuesday, a 71-year-old man reported vandalism to a vehicle in the 800 block of F Street.