This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:27 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department investigated an assault in the 9000 block of Cinema Drive.
• At 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, JPD forwarded a case regarding child abuse/neglect to the Office of Children’s Services.
• At 1:41 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse.
• At 10:25 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report from Alaska Pacific Bank on Franklin Street of a counterfeit $5 bill. JPD spokeswoman Cindee Brown-Mills said the case was forwarded on to another agency, which is routine for such counterfeit cases.
• At 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, a long-term domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 29-year-old man. The order is outstanding.
• At 11:02 a.m. Thursday, a domestic violence protective order was served on a 49-year-old man.
• At 12:17 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of a domestic disturbance.
• At 6:52 p.m. Thursday, a domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 51-year-old man. The order is outstanding.
• At 9:24 a.m. Friday, a long-term domestic violence protective order was served on a 52-year-old man.
• At 11:33 p.m. Wednesday, upon responding to the scene of an altercation, Michael Friedrichs, 22, was arrested in the 2200 block of Crow Hill Drive for driving while intoxicated, failure to stop at direction of peace officer, resisting arrest and driving while license revoked. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 6:56 p.m. Thursday, Sven Savland, 18, was arrested for driving under the influence in the 4300 block of University Drive, and he was taken to LCCC. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 3:34 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
• At 10:54 a.m. Friday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
Fire and medical
• At 12:13 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on James Boulevard, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:47 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 5:17 a.m. Thursday, a minor patient was taken from BRH to Juneau International Airport and medevaced out.
• At 6:13 p.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a small fuel spill on Vintage Boulevard and assisted in securing area. CCFR contacted state agencies involved and left scene as a safe environment.
• At 8:07 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Point Lena Road, and investigation found no fire and alarm sounded due to malfunction.
• At 9:19 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Fritz Cove Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:22 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of harassment in the 200 block of Cordova Street.
• At 12:19 a.m. Thursday, a 14-year-old girl was cited for minor consuming and released to her parents.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:42 a.m. Friday, a vehicle driven by a 43-year-old man was totaled in a single vehicle rollover crash on Egan Drive, outbound. The driver was taken to BRH by CCFR.
• At 8:05 p.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted another agency in remanding a 31-year-old man in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 1:39 p.m. Wednesday, JPD served a summons on a 27-year-old man in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue.
• At 10:12 p.m. Wednesday, Salina Thomas, 21, was arrested in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue on a warrant issued for failure to appear for a petition to revoke probation hearing for failure to comply with Juneau Alcohol Safety Action Program.
• At 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, Fred George, 27, was arrested in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue on a warrant charging failure to appear. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 12:10 a.m. Friday, Eric Ashenfelter, 19, was arrested in the 4000 block of Egan Drive on a warrant for failure to appear for a bench warrant hearing.
• At 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, Michael David Natkong, 21, and Erickson Rapayla Lanuza, 22, were detained for shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, a 17-year-old boy reported a black leather wallet stolen in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 1:35 a.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of theft in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.
• At 9:20 a.m. Thursday, a 54-year-old man reported two 5-gallon jugs of gas worth about $40 stolen from outside his residence in the 5900 block of Mountain Avenue.
• At 10:47 a.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Service was rendered.
• At 6:09 p.m. Thursday, a 44-year-old woman reported a DeWalt miter saw worth about $650 and an air compressor worth about $150 stolen in the 5900 block of Mountain Avenue.
• At 7 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of theft of merchandise from a business in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 10:08 p.m. Thursday, a 31-year-old woman reported her checkbook stolen in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 10:29 p.m. Thursday, a 42-year-old man reported the theft of a backpack worth about $30 containing miscellaneous items worth about $500 in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:55 a.m. Friday, a 27-year-old woman reported a 20-inch blue BMX bike worth about $77 stolen from outside her residence on Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 7:21 p.m. Thursday, a 51-year-old man reported vandalism to his windows in the 5800 block of Glacier Highway. Damage was estimated at $300.
• At 10:04 a.m. Thursday, a 34-year-old man reported damage to the bathroom at Cope Park in the 1100 block of Calhoun Avenue.
• At 8:31 a.m. Thursday, a welfare check was requested on a 38-year-old man in the Juneau area.