This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:31 a.m. Tuesday, a 60-year-old man reported a possible arson at a restaurant in the 100 block of Fourth Street. Juneau Police Department spokesman Lt. David Campbell said it appeared paper towels were on fire in the restaurant’s bathroom, and the fire was extinguished by people at the restaurant before police arrived. Total damage was worth $100, and police said the suspect was a 7-year-old child, who was released to his parents.
• At 5:35 p.m. Monday, a 34-year-old man reported being assaulted by a 52-year-old man in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:03 p.m. Tuesday, a 42-year-old man reported he was assaulted by another 42-year-old man in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Campbell said a man was leaving Walmart when he stopped outside the doors and was hit by another man with a shopping cart, hurting his leg. Campbell said curse words were exchanged, and the man who was hit called police about an hour later from his home. He told police he wanted to press charges, and police forwarded the case to the city attorney’s office for review, Campbell said.
• At 11:56 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report that a 37-year-old man had violated conditions of release on Seward Street. Investigation continues.
• At 5:58 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the scene of an altercation involving a 50-year-old man and a 41-year-old man in the 5700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 5:40 p.m. Monday, a 33-year-old man reported an altercation with a 47-year-old woman.
• At 12:40 p.m. Monday, a domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 20-year-old man.
• At 12:39 p.m. Tuesday, a domestic violence protective order was served on a 47-year-old woman.
• At 7:47 p.m. Tuesday, Juneau trial courts served a long-term domestic violence protective order on a 52-year-old man.
• At 2:55 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
• At 2:56 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
• At 1:34 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
• At 4:21 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
• At 5:52 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
Fire and medical
• At 12:39 a.m. Tuesday, EMS care was given to a man on Shell Simmons Drive, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Seward Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:07 p.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to an authorized controlled burn on Gastineau Avenue, and investigation found the residential open burn was in compliance with city ordinance.
• At 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on El Camino street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 6:27 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an unauthorized burning on Gastineau Avenue, and the resident failed to post residential burn permit. The burn was extinguished.
• At 6:31 p.m. Tuesday, EMS care was given to a person during a fire alarm call on Franklin Street, and a person was taken to BRH.
• At 10:40 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a good intent call on Heron Way, and a man declined EMS care and transport.
• At 2:22 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report that an adult man has been harassing employees at a business in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road. Campbell said employees of Sun-Kissed Tanning Salon requested police issue a verbal warning to a man after he entered the business, talked with employees and made them feel uncomfortable. Campbell said police found the man, who denied any wrongdoing, but he agreed not to enter the business again.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 3:39 p.m. Monday, a 43-year-old woman was cited in Sealaska Plaza for failure to exercise due care to avoid an accident after the vehicle she was driving took out a sign and nearly struck an elevated sidewalk.
• At 1:51 p.m. Tuesday, JPD assisted a 40-year-old woman in the 800 block of ‘A’ Street with some safety concerns.
• At 3:43 p.m. Tuesday, a summons was served on a 37-year-old woman in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 1:48 a.m. Wednesday, Damien Johnson, 19, was arrested in the 3400 block of Glacier Highway on a warrant issued for failure to appear for an adjudication hearing.
• At 2:40 a.m. Tuesday, a 30-year-old man reported being assaulted by an unknown subject.
• At 6:11 p.m. Monday, a 21-year-old woman reported her laptop, valued at an estimated $700, was stolen in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue.
• At 8:07 p.m. Monday, a 42-year-old business owner reported two of his computers stolen from the front lobby of Southeast Psychiatry on Marine Way. Campbell said the computers were valued at $250 each.
• At 12:42 p.m. Tuesday, William Jones, 25, was cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 7:58 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old man reported the theft of home heating oil, value estimated at $1,487, in the 9000 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 3:29 p.m. Monday, a 35-year-old man reported a vehicle was vandalized in the 1900 block of Crest Street.