This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 3:40 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted in an arson investigation in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 5:39 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a death, which was not considered suspicious. Next of kin have been notified.
• At 3:57 p.m. Monday, an ex parte domestic violence protective order was served on a 35-year-old woman.
• At 9:19 a.m. Tuesday, an ex parte domestic violence protective order needs to be served on a 42-year-old woman.
• At 10:47 a.m. Tuesday, an ex parte domestic violence protective order was served on a 58-year-old woman.
• At 12:52 a.m. Tuesday, James Donald Kemp, 47, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 1300 block of Egan Drive. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:36 a.m. Tuesday, Deanna Lynn Abrams, 43, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and refusal in the 4400 block of Taku Boulevard. She was taken to LCCC, and her vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 3:01 a.m. Monday, EMS care was given to a woman on Gastineau Avenue, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 10:31 a.m. Monday, EMS care was given to a man on Willoughby Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 12:02 p.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Franklin Street dock, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:52 p.m. Monday, a minor was medevaced in to Juneau International Airport and taken to BRH.
• At 4:25 p.m. Monday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a medical alarm activation on Park Place, and alarm was activated in error.
• At 5:24 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Glacier Spur Road, and a person was transported by a non-fire agency.
• At 5:39 p.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a minor on Creek Street, and he or she was taken to BRH.
• At 6:15 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on University Drive that was activated due to burnt food.
• At 7:05 p.m. Monday, a woman was medevaced in to JIA and taken to BRH.
• At 7:34 p.m. Monday, EMS care was given to a man on Saint Anns Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:43 p.m. Monday, a man was taken from BRH to JIA and medevaced out.
• At 9:01 p.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street dock, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 9:25 p.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street dock, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:31 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Franklin Street that was activated due to burnt food.
Improper personal crab gear
• On Sunday, John D. Manning, 61, and Mark D. Kassberg, 51, were cited for operating personal use crab gear that did not have proper escape mechanisms installed on the grab gear.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:20 p.m. Monday, an 18-year-old man reported a two-vehicle accident involving his 1993 Jeep. Investigation continues.
• At 9:24 p.m. Monday, a 19-year-old woman reported a possible hit-and-run accident involving a parked 2001 Honda Accord in the 700 block of 12th Street.
Personal use shrimp and crab violations
• On June 10, five people were cited by Alaska Wildlife Troopers for violations during a routine patrol and inspection of personal use shrimp and crab gear in the Juneau area. Stephen F. Squires, 49, was cited for improper markings on his shrimp gear. Larry C. Hoonton, 74, was cited for improper biodegradable escape mechanism. Brian L. Felipe, 35, was cited for improper escape rings. Blake H. Brown, 38, was cited for improper escape rings. Richard L. Watkins, 69, was cited for improper biodegradable escape mechanism. They were all issued $110 fines and instructed on how to properly fish their shellfish gear, which was returned to them.
• At 3:31 p.m. Monday, a 20-day ex parte stalking protective order was served on a 24-year-old man.
• At 5:37 p.m. Monday, a 21-year-old man reported his wallet stolen and fraudulent use of his credit card. Investigation continues.
• At 6:38 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a report of theft of merchandise in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 9:09 p.m. Monday, a 19-year-old man reported the theft of a phone in the 6200 block of Alaway Avenue.
• At 10:20 p.m. Monday, William Eric Moy, 38, was arrested for concealment of merchandise in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 4:17 a.m. Tuesday, a 40-year-old man reported an iPhone stolen from his vehicle in the 1500 block of Second Street.
• At 7:14 a.m. Tuesday, a 30-year-old man reported a vehicle rifling on Saint Anns Avenue.
• At 7:05 a.m. Tuesday, a 31-year-old man reported his Jeep’s windows were broken out the night prior and some property was stolen on Savikko Road.
• At 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, a 59-year-old woman reported theft of gold on Basin Road. Investigation continues.
• At 9:19 p.m. Monday, a 39-year-old woman reported vandalism to a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer in the 8500 block of Rainbow Row. Investigation continues.
• At 9:29 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated graffiti in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.