This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s Note: Capital City Fire and Rescue Daily Incident Reports were not available Sunday.
Arrest - Civil
• A 48-year-old man was arrested Saturday in the Juneau area for an outstanding domestic violence assault and violation of release conditions warrant. Bail was set at $5,000.
• At 1:35 p.m. Saturday on the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue Shawna Lee Power, 47, was arrested on an outstanding JPD warrant charging failure to appear for an original charge of disorderly conduct. Bail was set at $500.
• Lave Iputi, 20, was arrested at 8:39 p.m. Saturday on the 11800 block of Glacier Highway on a $250 JPD warrant for failure to appear on the original charge of larceny. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 10:32 p.m. Saturday on the 5700 block of Concrete Way, Aaron Joseph Cavanaugh, 37, was arrested on a $250 JPD warrant for failure to comply JASAP, original charge of assault and a $500 Juneau Alaska State Troopers warrant for failure to appear for an original disposition hearing on an charge of DUI and failure to take a breath test, and failure to appear for petition to revoke probation. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 8:55 p.m. in the downtown area Bonneta Koenig, 60, was arrested for city assault and lodged at LCCC. Police say alcohol was a factor.
At 1:31 a.m. Sunday Dixon Mazon, 32, was arrested for disorderly conduct and lodged at LCCC.
• At 7:37 p.m. Saturday on the 11700 block of Glacier Highway Joshua Paul Yates was arrested for DWI and transported to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 3:22 a.m. Sunday on the 8800 block of Egan Drive Samantha Petrey Efird, 29, was arrested following a traffic stop for DUI and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
• At 11:23 p.m. Saturday on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway Christopher Howard Stansell, 28, was cited and released during a traffic stop for driving without a license. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 2:42 p.m. Saturday on the 100 block of Franklin Street a silver beaded bracelet was found and turned in for safekeeping.
• A bag containing cash was found at 1:16 p.m. Saturday on Glacier Highway and turned in to the police.
• Found property was brought to police for safekeeping at 12:47 p.m. Sunday.
• At 2:19 a.m. Sunday a 16-year-old male and a 17-year-old female were cited on the 100 block of Marine Way and released into adult custody for minor consuming alcohol.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:21 p.m. Saturday JPD assisted another agency.
•At 4:11 a.m. Sunday a 20-year-old male who police did not identify was cited for careless driving after his 1999 Honda collided with a street light on the 11700 block of Glacier Highway. There were no injuries and police say alcohol was not a factor. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
• At 6:58 a.m. Sunday on the 100 block of Savikko Road JPD assisted Capital City Fire and Rescue.
Search and Rescue - Haines
On Saturday at 2 p.m., Troopers received a report of two lost hikers on Mt. Ripinski in Haines. Sylvia Jackson, age 28, and her sister Gillian Jackson, age 24, both of Syracuse, NY, were hiking on the Skyline Road Trail when they became lost and they were not able to continue down the mountain because of a steep ravine, so Sylvia Jackson contacted the Haines Police Department on her cell phone for assistance. A member from the Haines Fire Department/SAR hiked up and located the Jacksons approximately half a mile from the roadway and he assisted them down the mountain. No injuries were reported and no SAR funds were utilized.
• At 8:41 a.m. Sunday on the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, a 20-year-old man reported his vehicle was rifled and three long-boards worth $800 were stolen from inside. Police are investigating.