Editor’s note: Fire calls will appear in a future edition.
This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• A confidential investigation in sexual abuse of a minor began Friday at 1:48 p.m. in the Juneau area.
• A man, 47, was arrested for disorderly conduct and interfering in the Juneau area Friday at 10:10 p.m. Alcohol and domestic violence were involved.
• Police created a case Friday at 11:37 p.m. for the safekeeping of a knife on the 4400 block of Kanata Street. Police say alcohol was involved.
Motor vehicle crash
• On Friday at 1 p.m. a 50-year-old woman reported her 2006 Dodge Duran go was struck while parked on the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard.
• On Friday at 1:43 p.m. a 28-year-old woman reported her red Mini Cooper was struck while parked on Marine Way causing $1,500 damage.
• A 17-year-old female was cited at 11:37 p.m. on the 4000 block of Riverside Dive for driving with an invalid license.
• A 16-year-old male was cited at 1:44 a.m. Saturday on the 100 block of Franklin Street for consuming alcohol and being in possession of tobacco. He was released to his mother.
• Police Saturday at 10:08 a.m. received a report of a lost credit card valued at $20 on the 8600 block of Teal Way.
On July 11 at 5:40 p.m., the Lemon Creek Correctional Center contacted Juneau Troopers and reported that during a search of a female inmate after she returned from the courthouse they discovered three prescription pills. The case is under investigation.
• On July 12 at 2:20 p.m., the Lemon Creek Correctional Center contacted Juneau Troopers and reported that during a search of a male inmate after he returned from the courthouse they discovered an unknown pill. The case is under investigation.
• John Hugh Shryne, 28, was cited for driving with a suspended license and his vehicle was impounded Friday at 6:21 p.m. in Douglas. No specific location was given.
• At 4:01 p.m. Friday police investigated a reported theft on the 4000 block of Delta Drive. No further details were available.
• At 6:21 p.m. Friday a 59-year-old man reported heating oil was stolen from a residence on Sasha Avenue.
• At 4:11 a.m. Saturday police investigated a report of a stolen bike on the 1800 block of Postal Way.
• On Friday at 1:49 p.m. police were investigating a report of two tires being slashed on the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
Steven Joseph Williams, 42, was arrested Friday at 10:24 p.m. on the 2800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road for two outstanding JPD warrants, one for violating conditions of release and one for failure to appear for a pretrial hearing, both totaling $1,100. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.