This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• A 33-year-old man walked away from a halfway house in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• Police investigated a report that a 46-year-old man was being harassed by another male on the 400 block of Willoughby at 12:20 a.m. Wednesday.
• A 33-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault Tuesday at 4:04 p.m. in the Juneau area and transported to Lemon Creek Correctional Facility.
• A 55-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday at 10:47 p.m. in the Juneau area for violating conditions of release and taken to LCCC. Alcohol was a factor, police said.
• A carbon monoxide detector activated at 2:43 a.m. Tuesday due to a malfunction at a Glacier highway address.
• At 4:20 a.m. a woman was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital from a Glacier Highway location.
• A female patient was medevaced out by a Guardian flight team at 7:05 a.m. and received basic life support en route from the hospital.
A patient was taken to the hospital from Franklin Street at 7:06 a.m.
At 12:28 p.m. Tuesday an incoming patient received life support services en route to the hospital from the airport.
• At 12:47 p.m. Tuesday crews responded to a bleach spill on Egan Drive. Engine 31 sprayed 350 gallons of water to dilute the bleach.
• Smoke coming from an outdoor cigarette butt container in Marine Park was reported at 1:48 p.m.
• At 5:05 p.m. Tuesday an incoming medevac patient was taken to the hospital from the airport.
• A man was found sleeping in a field near Cinema Drive. There were no injuries and no problem was reported.
On Sunday at approximately 1349 hours, The Alaska Wildlife Troopers aboard the Patrol Vessel Sentry contacted a Juneaue resident aboard the Fishing Vessel Quiet Storm. Further investigation revealed Grussendorf was the CFEC permit holder for the gillnet fishery and failed to present personal identification to establish that the permit was in the possession of the person it was issued. Grussendorf was issued one citation for being the permit holder and not providing personal identification with a mandatory court date.
• A 55-year old man reported Wednesday at 9:11 a.m. that he found a bicycle on Channel Drive. It was placed into safekeeping.
• Police Tuesday at 12:43 p.m. Investigated a report of fraudulent use of checks in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
Hit and run crash
• Tuesday at 8:12 p.m. a man reported a hit and run crash in the valley area.
• A black LG phone was reported missing Wednesday at 3:26 a.m. in the Juneau Area.
Search and rescue
On Tuesday, at 11:37 a.m., Alaska State Troopers responded to a report of four women between the ages of 23 and 34 stranded on the West Glacier Trail near the Mendenhall Glacier. They went off the trail and were stuck between 2 cliffs when a member of the group slipped and hurt her ankle. Capital City Fire & Rescue and Juneau Mountain Rescue responded in two boats on Mendenhall Lake and located the party. The hikers were escorted back to the trailhead, where the injured female declined medical attention.
• Gomez Barril Jr., 21, was cited and released for larceny Tuesday at 2 p.m. on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• A bottle of Bacardi rum was reported stolen Tuesday at 5:02 p.m. in the 400 block of Willoughby.
• On Wednesday at 4:53 a.m. a 53-year-old man reported his vehicle was vandalized on the 2900 block of Douglas Highway and change was stolen.
• A 47-year-old man reported Wednesday at 7:56 a.m. that his vehicle rifled and a set of headphones valued at $120, and a cell phone charger and an auxiliary cable valued at $20 each were stolen.
• A 35-year-old woman reported Wednesday at 6:33 p.m. that her vehicle had been rifled and $70 in cash taken from her purse.
• A 61-year-old woman Wednesday at 9:55 a.m. reported her vehicle rifled on the 10100 block of Silver Street. Two phone chargers and a flashlight were stolen.
• A 33-year-old woman at 10:12 a.m. Wednesday reported her vehicle had been rifled on the 10100 block of Silver Street.