This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Commercial fish closed waters
• On Sunday at approximately 4 p.m., Alaska Wildlife Troopers aboard the Patrol Vessel Sentry contacted Joel Randrup, age 46, of Petersburg for commercial fishing in closed waters. Randrup was observed fishing 350 feet inside the closed portion of Limestone Inlet. They said 4,502 LBS of salmon was seized. Randrup was issued one citation for commercial fishing closed waters with a mandatory court date later this month in the Juneau District Court.
Commercial fish closed period
• On Thursday, the following permit holders were cited for operating commercial salmon seines during a closed period; Patrick L. O’Neil, age 59 from Lopez Island, WA and off the F/V Saint Janet, Nick Miller-Olney, age 35 from Sitka and off the F/V Lucy O, Delbert B. Kadake, age 50 from Kake and off the F/V Jade Ann, Jeremy C. Jensen, age 37 from Petersburg and off the F/V Harvester, Frank Wright Jr., age 63 from Hoonah and off the F/V Vagabond Quenn, Christian W. Buschmann, age 25 from Petersburg and off the F/V Ascension. Buschmann was also cited for failing to properly display the vessel’s ADFG numbers. All six men were given arraignment dates of Sept.12 in the Juneau District Court.
Commercial drift gillnet fishing during a closed season
• On Tuesday, Homer resident, Donald Malcolm, 68 was cited by Juneau Wildlife Troopers for unlawfully commercial drift gillnet fishing during a closed season. Malcolm was observed by a Trooper stakeout team on July 10, fishing onboard his vessel the F/V Crimson Tide in Lynn Canal, north of the Pt. Bridget closure line. Malcolm was also observed and contacted on July 11, fishing in closed waters south of the Boat harbor terminal harvest area. Arraignments were set in the Juneau court on 8/9/12.
• On July 11, Wrangell resident, Winston Davies, 34, was cited for unlawfully commercial drift gillnet fishing during a closed season. Davies was fishing onboard his vessel the F/V Blue Mist, and failed to get his net totally onboard before the 12 noon closure. Davies’ net had drifted onto another vessel while it was at anchor near Little Island light. An arraignment date has been set in the Juneau District Court on July 25.
Fire & rescue
• At 12:49 am Thursday Capital City Fire & Rescue came to the aid of a female on Bresee Street. Emergency medical treatment was provided and the patient was transported to Barlett Regional Hospital.
• On Wednesday at 9:47 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was reported as a runaway to the Juneau Police.
• An investigation continues into a report of an alcohol related disorderly conduct in Juneau at 12:49 am Thursday.
• At 9:02 a.m. A blue mongoose bike is in JPD safekeeping after being found in the 9100 block of Glacier Highway.
Motor Vehicle Crash
• A 23-year old female reported bumper and headlight damage to a parked vehicle in the 1600 block Maplesden Way at 8:56 p.m. on Wednesday.
• A 46-year-old man reported the theft of a red six-gallon plastic gas can containing gasoline valued at $40. The gas can was taken from a truck at the 1800 block of Northwood Drive, at 8:56 a.m.
• At 11:29 a.m. Thursday, a 49-year-old female reported the theft of two red 5-gallon plastic gas cans and fuel, valued at $75. The incident took place in the 16300 block of Pt. Lena Loop Road.
• At 11:21 a.m. Thursday, in the 8800 block of Egan Drive, a 20-year-old man was cited for driving without a valid license and the vehicle impounded.