This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 12:06 a.m. Thursday, Anthony Thingvall, 19, was cited and released during a traffic stop in the 800 block of Egan Drive for being in possession of alcohol.
• At 1:54 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into possible child abuse.
Commercial fishing during closed period
• On Thursday, Robert D. Dickinson, 69, of Bellingham, Wash., was issued a summons for operating a commercial gillnet during a closed period in District 11B in Juneau, according to Alaska Wildlife Troopers.
• On Thursday, Larry “Jev” Shelton, 70, of Juneau, was cited by Alaska Wildlife Troopers for operated a commercial gillnet during a closed season and for having obscured Department of Fish and Game numbers on his vessel.
• At 5:22 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of a violation of a protective order.
• At 9:54 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of criminal mischief in the 1400 block of Harbor Way. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential death investigation in the 10900 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, Rosemary J. Kahklen, 40, was arrested in the 11900 block of Glacier Highway on an outstanding $250 JPD warrant for failure to appear for compliance hearing on June 22. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 1:06 a.m. Wednesday, a 23-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to LCCC.
Driving without a valid license
• At 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, Eric Coffee, 47, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, and his vehicle was impounded.
• On Thursday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Leah M. Krafft, 28, of Portland, Ore., for obtaining a 2009 resident sport fish license when she did not meet Alaska residency requirements. She was fined $310.
Fire and medical
• At 6:53 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Stephen Richards Drive, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm on Postal Way, attributed to malicious activation, no fire was found.
• At 10:41 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR transported medical crew and a male patient on Hospital Drive.
• At 12:02 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway. She declined transport.
• At 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR provided first-aid and checked a man for injuries on Front Street. He declined transport.
• At 4:02 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Riverside Drive. He declined transport.
• At 4:09 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR investigated a burn complaint on Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 8:06 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR transported a medical crew and a male patient on Shell Simmons Drive.
• At 11:58 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Harbor Way.
• At 1:33 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of possible identity theft in the 2100 block of Lawson Creek Road.
• At 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of fraud via mail.
• At 9:28 a.m. Thursday, a 21-year-old woman reported being harassed by a 48-year-old man. Investigation continues.
Misconduct involving a controlled substance
• At 1:16 a.m. Wednesday, Bruce Allen Snagster Malazarte, 22, and Greyson Roger Lee, 18, were cited and released for misconduct involving a controlled substance in the sixth degree in the 9900 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 3:02 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of sexual abuse of a minor.
• At 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated the theft of miscellaneous food items from Safeway in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of a theft in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 7:54 a.m. Thursday, a 46-year-old woman reported a bicycle stolen from her property in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 10 a.m. Thursday, JPD investigated theft from a business in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 10:03 a.m. Thursday, a 60-year-old man reported his vehicle rifled and the faceplate of his radio stolen in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.