This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:51 p.m. on Saturday, a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero was impounded as an abandoned vehicle on the 1400 block of Harbor Way.
• At 3:31 p.m. on Saturday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of domestic violence on the 2200 block of Jordan Ave.
• At 7:25 p.m. on Saturday, an 18-year-old female reported she was assaulted by another female on the 400 block of Franklin St.
Driving under the influence
• At 1:37 a.m. on Sunday, 30-year-old Richard Macasaet was arrested for driving under the influence on the 3400 block of Tongass Blvd and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 8:10 p.m. on Saturday, a black wallet was turned in for safekeeping from the 6200 block of Alaway Ave.
• At 7:52 p.m. on Saturday, a bicycle was turned in for safekeeping from the 6500 block of Glacier Hwy.
• At 7:07 p.m. on Saturday, a 34-year-old male reported his black and brown leather wallet lost.
Motor Vehicle Crash
• At 12:27 p.m. on Saturday, a head on collision was caused when a vehicle operated by Rebecca Vankeuren failed to yield while making a left turn to a vehicle operated by George Baker on the 5500 block of Tonsgard Ct. Injured passengers were transported to Bartlett Regional Hospital for evaluation. Vankeuren was arrested for driving under the influence, 2 counts of assault in the 2nd degree, and 3 counts of reckless endangerment. She was lodged at the Lemon Creek Correctional Center and her vehicle was impounded. Baker was cited for driving without a valid license and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 4:23 p.m. on Saturday, a 28-year-old male, Skylar Thomas Melton, was arrested for driving while intoxicated after a motor vehicle accident on Glacier Hwy. The vehicle Melton was driving was impounded and Melton was taken to LCCC.
• At 11:50 a.m. on Sunday, a vehicle driven by a 59-year-old female was struck by a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old female on Portage Blvd. The 16-year-old female was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign. There was $4000 in total damage.
• At 12:26 a.m. on Sunday, a 19-year-old male was arrested for violating a protective order on the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Rd. and was taken to LCCC.
• At 1:51 p.m. on Saturday, a 61-year-old male reported the theft of gasoline from his parked vehicle on Lena Loop Road.
• At 12:39 a.m. on Sunday, a 29-year-old male reported the theft of doormats and boots on the 1500 block of 3rd St.
• At 11:49 p.m. on Satuday, a 45-year-old male, Guy Brian Bottelson, was cited for driving without a valid license on the 1300 block of Egan Dr. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 3:27 a.m. on Sunday, 26-year-old Richard J. Lee was arrested for criminal trespassing in the first degree on the 8500 block of Rainbow Row and was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:33 p.m. on Satuday, a 24-year-old female reported the vandalism of her 1998 Chevrolet Suburban on the 1000 block of 3rd St.
• At 5:20 a.m. on Sunday, a 2012 white Ford and a 2010 gray Toyota Four Runner were vandalized on the 100 block of Franklin St.