This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:38 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted a 34-year-old woman with documentation.
Commercial fishing in closed area
• On Wednesday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers said in a dispatch Ryan K. Green, 30, of Juneau, pleaded guilty to one count of operating a commercial gillnet in the closed area of Port Snettisham. He was fined $2,000 with $1,000 suspended, placed on probation for one year and ordered to forfeit the value of the illegally taken fish.
• At 12:16 a.m. Wednesday, a 47-year-old man was arrested for violating the conditions of a domestic violence protective order, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 12:38 p.m. and 4:25 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity.
Fire and medical
• At 10 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to an EMS call from a cruise ship on the Franklin Street dock for a woman with general pain and weakness. Basic life support care was given, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 11:16 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Douglas Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:37 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a report of a propane smell in the area of Mendenhall Loop Road. Propane company was found safely working on equipment.
• At 1:06 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Mendenhall Mall Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 1:14 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Egan Drive after a motor vehicle accident with injuries. She was taken to BRH.
• At 3:52 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR stood by while an aircraft with a patient onboard refueled on Renshaw Way.
• At 6:38 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to EMS call from a cruise ship for a man with abdominal pain. Basic life support care was given, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:25 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Franklin Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 10:36 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Tongass Boulevard, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:25 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a medical assistance call. Police spokesman Lt. David Campbell said two people fighting in the downtown area, and a 45-year-old woman tried to break up the fight. In the process, she fell down and hit her head. Medics evaluated her on scene and took her to BRH. The two other people were charged with disorderly conduct.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:14 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a two-vehicle car accident on Egan Drive that left two with minor injuries. The first vehicle was a 2000 Lexus driven by a 57-year-old man, and the second vehicle was a 2010 Toyota Prius driven by a 58-year-old man. The 57-year-old was cited with reckless driving. Alcohol was not involved.
• At 8:37 p.m. Tuesday, a 40-year-old woman reported her 2009 Silverado was struck while parked in the 9400 block of Glacier Highway, causing about $500 in damages.
• At 9:41 a.m. Wednesday, a 2012 Honda Civic was struck by a 1995 Chevy Blazer on Mendenhall Loop Road. For more information, see the article titled, “Police cite man for hit-and-run accident Wednesday morning.”
• At 11:29 a.m. Wednesday, a 35-year-old woman reported the bike rack on her vehicle was damaged by an unknown vehicle earlier that day on Egan Drive.
• At 1:27 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the report of theft of $11.53 in merchandise from a business in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 3:46 p.m. Tuesday, a 13-year-old girl was cited and released for concealment of merchandise in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 5:08 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Alcohol was involved.
• At 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, a 17-year-old boy reported the theft of a laptop, valued at $1,200, and a calculator, valued at $170, in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 5:14 p.m. Tuesday, a 57-year-old woman reported CDs and a GPS stolen from her unlocked vehicle overnight in the 12000 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12:12 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a welfare check on a 27-year-old man.
• At 8:17 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report that a woman on Teal Street was intoxicated while caring for her 8-year-old son. When contacted by police, she was cited for endangering the welfare of a child. After notifying the Alaska Office of Children’s Services, police took the child to a relative’s house.