This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• A 46-year-old man was arrested at 5:54 p.m. in the Juneau area for violating a domestic violence protective order. Police say alcohol was a factor.
• Investigation continues into an alcohol-related assault Monday at 2:30 a.m. on the 100 block of Main Street.
• Sine Lauree Tviet, 45, was arrested for spitting on a police officer at 8:57 p.m. on the 100 block of Seward Street. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• A confidential death investigation began at 6:01 p.m. on the 300 block of Gastineau Avenue.
• A green Ford Pinto was impounded for safekeeping Sunday at 9:41 p.m. on Patti Street.
• A Scull watercraft was impounded for safekeeping at 10:41 a.m. Monday.
• At 3:45 p.m. a 34-year-old woman reported lost property on Mendenhall Mall Road.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 3:09 p.m. Sunday a 28-year-old woman reported her vehicle was struck while it was parked on the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.
Snagging Salmon at DIPAC Hatchery Closed Area
• On Monday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau issued Shawn Carey, age 47, of Juneau a citation for snagging salmon inside of the DIPAC closed snagging area from his boat. Carey was given a $130 fine and an optional court appearance date at the Juneau District Court.
• At 2:11 p.m. Sunday a 31-year-old woman reported a theft on Renninger Street.
• At 7:01 p.m. a 61-year-old man reported his laptop stolen from his office on the 3900 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• A 40-year-old man reported a theft of an iPhone Sunday at 7:04 p.m. The phone was later recovered.
• A 52-year-old woman reported the theft of an outboard motor valued at $2,900 sometime over the weekend from the 2200 block of Industrial Boulevard.
Editor’s note: It is the Empire’s policy to provide an update in this space if someone listed here as arrested or cited is found not guilty, charges are dismissed or never filed, or if a conviction is reversed on appeal or expunged. If possible, the Empire will also remove the original report from its electronic archives. The Empire has no control over third parties that obtain the information. If your name has appeared in this space, and you believe an update to be warranted, please provide documentation to support your request to email@example.com. Documentation can also be mailed to Editor, c/o Juneau Empire, 3100 Channel Drive, Juneau, AK 99801.