Historical photo: Douglas docks

With Mount Juneau hulking in the background, the Douglas docks area is seen in this photograph from roughly 1920. Though Juneau and Douglas are now part of one borough and necessarily connected, until Sept. 2, 1935 the only access between Juneau and Douglas was by ferry.

With Mount Juneau hulking in the background, the Douglas docks area is seen in this photograph from roughly 1920. Though Juneau and Douglas are now part of one borough and necessarily connected, until Sept. 2, 1935 the only access between Juneau and Douglas was by ferry.

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

 

More

Celebrate Christmas in July

The second annual Christmas in July party will take place on Saturday, July 29, from 8 p.m.-midnight at the Hangar Ballroom.

Read more