This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s Note: The Juneau Police Department Daily Bulletin for Thursday, Aug. 30, and the Capital City Fire and Rescue Daily Incident Report for Friday, Aug. 31, could not be obtained by press time, and thus, do not appear below.
• At 2:11 a.m. Friday, a 29-year-old man reported being assaulted in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Investigation continues. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department assisted another agency in the Juneau area.
• At 8:53 a.m. Friday, JPD assisted another agency in the Wrangell area.
Attempt to serve
• At 4:47 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a mental evaluation in the Juneau area.
• At 3:55 p.m. Thursday, Purnell Mitchell Jr., 22, was arrested for violating conditions of release, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 2:09 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated an unattended death in the 3700 block of Amalga Street.
• At 2:51 a.m. Saturday, Michael Thomas Gregory, 23, was arrested for two count of disorderly conduct and one count of assault on a police officer in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:27 p.m. Friday, a 25-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• At 1:52 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Loop Road, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 3:52 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Amalga Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 7:46 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Lemon Creek Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:09 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to an automatic fire alarm on Auke Lake Way and found it was activated by maintenance work. No fire.
• At 12:13 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to Marine Way for an EMS call. Party was transported by non-fire agency.
• At 12:43 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:06 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a complaint of burning materials on Thunder Mountain Road. Owner had permit and agreed not to burn inappropriate materials.
• At 1:43 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a complaint of open burn on Aisek Street. Owner had permit, but not a good water supply. Owner agreed to correct.
• At 5:03 p.m. Thursday, CCFR returned to earlier scene on Thunder Mountain Road due to an additional complaint. Discovered owner intended to burn illegal items. He or she was instructed to extinguish the fire and not burn for the rest of the year.
• At 5:09 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Ferry Way, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 5:47 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a complaint of an open burn, no location given.
• At 6:57 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Stephen Richards Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:01 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to an open burn complaint on Steep Place. Owner did not have a permit and agreed to extinguish fire and obtain permit before burning again.
• At 3:52 p.m. Friday, a 29-year-old woman reported fraudulent use on her bank account in the Juneau area.
• At 6:23 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of harassing text messages on Point Lena Loop Road.
• At 1:05 a.m. Friday, Alan Cleveland, 39, was arrested in the 200 block of Front Street for resisting/interfering, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 2:43 a.m. Saturday, Franklin Joseph Naumcheff, 27, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a chemical test in the 2200 block of Trout Street. He was taken to LCCC, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 12:22 a.m. Saturday, Harley Roland Williams, 19, was cited and released for minor consuming in the 3600 block of Amalga Street.
• At 12:49 a.m. Saturday, Kevin Arnold Slats Jr., 20, was cited and released for minor consuming.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:41 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of a hit and run on Marine Way. Investigation continues.
• At 5:28 p.m. Thursday, a 41-year-old man reported his 20-inch gold 18K rope chain, valued at $300, was stolen on Taku Boulevard. Investigation continues.
• At 2:32 p.m. Friday, a 58-year-old man reported the theft of a generator from his property in the 8200 block of Thane Road.
• At 3:02 p.m. Friday, a 23-year-old woman reported her prescription medication was stolen in the 11500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. Investigation continues.
• At 11:03 a.m. Saturday, Anthony Wayne Papa, 28, was arrested on Glacier Highway for shoplifting and violating conditions of release. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 1:56 p.m. Friday, a City and Borough of Juneau employee reported vandalism to a park bench at the top of the parking garage in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 8:50 a.m. Saturday, a 29-year-old man reported vandalism to his vehicle and another vehicle in the 200 block of Franklin Street.