Police & Fire
This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• A 22-year-old man reported that he was assaulted by a 20-year-old male in an alcohol-related incident in the Juneau area at 12:49 a.m. Monday.
• Police responded to a disturbance involving a 10-year-old boy at 9:41 p.m. Sunday on the 9200 block of Hurlock Avenue.
• At 2:14 a.m. Sunday a child received basic life support on Taku Boulevard and was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• Firefighters responded to an early morning fire alarm at 5:09 a.m. on La Perouse Avenue. There was no fire and the alarm sounded due to dust, lack of maintenance or some similar cause.
• At 9:52 a.m. crews responded to a cruise ship’s call for EMS services and provided a man with advanced life support. He was taken to the hospital.
• At 10:56 a.m. Sunday a man on Hospital Drive required basic life support care and was taken to the hospital.
• A man on Simpson Avenue was given advanced life support care and taken to the hospital.
• A 59-year-old man reported at 11:05 a.m. Monday that he received a counterfeit check on the 3300 block of Park Place.
• Police responded to the report of a runaway at 5:18 p.m. in the Juneau area. The boy was later located.
• Police at 5:25 a.m. Monday began a confidential investigation in to a reported sexual assault in the Juneau area. Police say alcohol was a factor in the incident.
• AT 9:31 a.m. Monday a 55-year-old man reported four red gas cans were stolen from in front if his home on the 2600 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 10 a.m. Monday, police were investigating the theft of a cell phone from the 8300 block of Airport Boulevard.
• At 11:31 a.m. a 33-year-old woman reported an iPhone stolen on the 4500 block of Kanata St.
• A 26 year-old woman reported that a 28-year-old man vandalized her vehicle tire at 12:52 p.m. Sunday on the 2800 block of Postal Way.
• A 28-year-old woman reported vandalism to two windows of her 1994 Honda Accord at 1:01 p.m. Sunday on the 900 block of Third Street.
• A 29-year-old woman reported at 8:23 a.m. Monday that on the 2200 block of Jordan Avenue a door to a business had been pried open, but nothing appeared to be missing.