This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• A watch was placed into safe keeping Wednesday at 3:56 p.m. at police headquarters.
Motor vehicle crash
• The 16-year-old driver of a Subaru Legacy was cited for careless driving at 7:59 p.m. on the 4000 block of Egan Drive Wednesday following a vehicle collision. The Legacy struck a 2000 Ford SUV driven by a 38-year-old man.
• Unsecured property was taken for safekeeping at 11:36 p.m. Wednesday on the 1000 block of Salmon Creek Lane.
• At 12:54 p.m. Thursday a 46-year-old man reported the theft of his brown Carhartts jacket, a black and yellow backpack which contained a water bottle and a notebook. Total value was estimated at $225.
• Police are investigating a reported theft by deception reported Wednesday at 3:56 p.m. in the Juneau Area.
• An iPhone was reported stolen Wednesday at 4:14 p.m. in the Juneau area.
• A bottle of vodka was reported stolen from a business on the 100 block of Franklin Street Wednesday at 9:37 p.m.
• A Yamaha outboard motor was reported stolen by a 22-year-old man on the 5400 block of Glacier Highway at 11:54 p.m. Wednesday.
• A 23-year-old man reported money was stolen from a business on the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive at 3:18 a.m. Thursday.
• AN 86-year-old man reported a fuel tank stolen from a business on the 1400 block of Harbor Way. Loss was estimated at $600.
Editor’s note: It is the Empire’s policy to provide an update in this space if someone listed here as arrested or cited is found not guilty, charges are dismissed or never filed, or if a conviction is reversed on appeal or expunged. If possible, the Empire will also remove the original report from its electronic archives. The Empire has no control over third parties that obtain the information. If your name has appeared in this space, and you believe an update to be warranted, please provide documentation to support your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation can also be mailed to Editor, c/o Juneau Empire, 3100 Channel Drive, Juneau, AK 99801.