This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:01 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted another agency in the Juneau area.
• At 12:43 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a disturbance in the 1500 block of Third Street in Douglas. Alcohol was involved.
• At 2:08 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a report of domestic violence assault.
• At 9:17 p.m. Tuesday, a 42-year-old woman was arrested for domestic violence assault, and she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 2:09 a.m. Wednesday, a 25-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence criminal mischief, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a license
• At 7:40 a.m. Tuesday, Samantha Petrey Efird, 29, was cited for driving without a license on Highland Drive, and her vehicle was impounded.
• At 7:07 p.m. Tuesday, Marcelino Vazquez, 56, was cited for driving without a license in the 13400 block of Glacier Highway, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 9:22 a.m. Wednesday, Jorge Adrian Pacheco, 21, was cited for driving without a license in the 1400 block of Harbor Way, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 12:40 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 5:03 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• At 4:41 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Davis Avenue, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire & Rescue responded to a fire alarm on Franklin Street, and no smoke or fire was found.
• At 1:49 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Thane Road and found the alarm was sounded due to dust from tool. System reset.
• At 2:55 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a burn complain on Thane Road, and owner agreed to burn only natural wood.
• At 3:31 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:59 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched for a fire alarm on Eighth Street, and no smoke or fire was found.
• At 7:29 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR performed a public service for a person on Glacier Highway.
• At 11:42 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a general fire alarm on Fish Creek Road, and no smoke or fire was found. Building responsible will contact alarm company for repairs.
• At 8:35 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a fraudulent check in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 3:25 p.m. Monday, a 16-year-old boy driving a 1995 Honda was cited for driving without a valid license and failure to maintain a safe distance after striking a 2008 Toyota driven by a 69-year-old woman on Egan outbound.
• At 4:19 p.m. Monday, a 55-year-old woman was struck by a 2001 Toyota driven by a 25-year-old woman in the 200 block of Front Street. Alcohol was involved with the pedestrian. The accident is under investigation.
• At 4:14 p.m. Monday, a 17-year-old girl driving a 1999 Saturn was cited after striking a 2005 Chevy driven by a 27-year-old woman on Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 9:07 a.m. Monday, a 37-year-old man reported a parked 2003 Chevrolet Astrovan hit and run in the 3800 block of Riverside Drive.
• Alaska State Troopers said in a Wednesday dispatch that last Thursday they responded to Delta High School in Delta Junction after the principal reported that a stolen laptop from the Juneau School District was located in a 15-year-old student’s locker. A charge of third-degree theft, a felony, is being forwarded to Juvenile Intake for disposition.
• At 2:21 p.m. Monday, a 37-year-old man reported a stolen 18K gold bracelet valued at $800 in the 2700 block of David Street.
• At 7:33 p.m. Monday, Matthew Gilchrest, 28, was cited and released for shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 7:03 a.m. Tuesday, a 34-year-old man reported a laptop in a backpack and a test equipment cable stolen from his unlocked van in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 11:43 a.m. Tuesday, a 66-year-old woman reported a missing iPhone in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 1:35 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of the theft of an iPad, valued at $629 in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, a 30-year-old woman reported the theft of her purse, wallet, CDs, a Wii game and medications taken from her locked vehicle in the 6000 block of Glacier Spur Road.
• At 9:56 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a trespass report in the 3200 block of Malissa Drive.
• At 9:27 a.m. Wednesday, a 39-year-old woman reported vandalism to her vehicle in the 100 block of Main Street.