Police & Fire
This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Note: Fire incidents for Oct. 29 were not available at press time.
• A 1978 Mercury was impounded Monday at 10:20 a.m. on the 8900 block of Nancy Street.
• An abandoned vehicle was impounded as a traffic hazard Monday on the 7100 block of Egan Drive.
Driving without a license
• Monday at 7:58 a.m. a 1994 Ford Ranger was impounded and the unidentified 40-year-old driver was cited for driving without a license.
• A wallet was found Sunday and turned over to police at 3:44 p.m.
• David Christopher Rose, 20, was cited and released for minor consuming at 4:38 p.m. Sunday on the 9100 block of Cinema Drive.
Motor vehicle crash
• A 2008 Eldo bus was involved in a minor accident in a parking lot on the 1600 block of Glacier Highway Sunday at 3:08 p.m.
• A 32-year-old woman reported her wallet and iPhone stolen Sunday at 12:34 p.m. on the 200 block of Front Street.
• A 39-year-old man reported damage to a gate Monday at 7:47 a.m. on the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 9:07 a.m. Monday a 29-year-old man reported vandalism to his vehicle on the 8500 block of Forest Lane.
A Halloween note from the Police Department:
Wednesday is Halloween and the Juneau Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind residents about general safety guidelines.
Motorists are reminded that there will be more pedestrians on the street than normal. Please drive safely near pedestrians and watch for people running from house to house in neighborhoods.
Pedestrians are reminded to watch for motorists and cross streets at designated crosswalks if available. Pedestrians are advised to wear bright clothing, walk in groups, and carry a light source. If trick or treating, do not enter a stranger’s house and only accept unopened store bought treats.