This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 10:08 a.m. Tuesday, JPD opened a confidential investigation of a report of child abuse .
• At 12:44 p.m. Monday, a 49-year-old woman reported a domestic violence assault in the 8100 block of Glacier Hwy.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 12:23 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a possible DUI in the 2800 block of Riverside. The report was determined to be unfounded.
• At 5:18 p.m. Monday, Joseph William Cropley, 43, was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the9300 block of Glacier Hwy. The vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 11:09 a.m. Monday, Capital City Fire and Rescue responded to a fire alarm on Glacier Hwy. No fire or smoke found. Fire alarm sounded due to dust.
• At 11:27 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to burn complaint on Auke Lake Way. Owner had a burn permit and water supply.
• At 2:18 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to a smoke or order investigation, no fire, on Lee Smith Drive.
• At 4:23 p.m. Monday, CCFR responded to an unauthorized burning on Glacier Hwy. Ordered to extinguish.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 4:00 p.m. Monday, a 16-year-old male reported his 2000 Nissan was struck by an unknown vehicle in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 3:22 p.m. Monday, Milton George Kadake, 51, was cited and released for concealment of $46 worth of merchandise, in the 3000 block of Vintage Blvd.
• At 9:59 p.m. Monday, a 56-year-old male reported a package stolen from his front porch containing a $400 electric heater in the 300 block of Distin Ave. The heater was later recovered and the report canceled.
• At 11:33 p.m. Monday, Chrystal Rose Phillips, 25, was cited and released for driving without a valid license. The vehicle was impounded.
• At 2:07 p.m. Tuesday, Kirk Henri Jim, 21, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 10300 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. The car was impounded. Jim was transported/lodged at LCCC.